Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need a web designer so that we can make serious money...

Thanks
    Adrian - Good luck with the new venture. Don’t listen to too many doubting Thomas’s. If the basics make sense and you know you can pull it off then go for it.

I think your proposition is attractive to web designers because if the website is successful and only requires a little bit of tweaking over time then the designer would be creating an extra income for relatively little work over time...almost a passive income. Obviously nothing is a sure thing, but it seems that the potential benefit out ways the work involved if it failed.

Adrian I will do it for you, just send me on a proper web design course first.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I am in no way suggesting that you must not follow your dream, all I am saying is that one should take care to not try and do everything yourself, which slows down time to implementation/market, and get people who are good at what they do to do the parts which you are not good at, and rather concentrate on what you good at, this will save time and money and get you into the market faster. The main problem is that we feel that paying some one to do something that we think we can do, is to save money, not always so. Always look at the problem holistically when making these kinds of decisions.

Many a project has died or eventually someone came with the same idea because I took to long - trying to save money.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    It's not a dream, it merely an opportunity to exploit!

Thanks
    Good luck Adrian

There's no reason whatsoever why your idea with your terms and conditions won't work! Make it work!
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vieome View Post
    Perhaps if I provide the answers it might help.

A bat and a ball cost $1.10 in total. The bat costs $1.00 more than the ball. How many cents does the ball cost?

5C

If it takes 5 machines 5 minutes to make 5 widgets, how many minutes would it take for 100 machines to make 100 widgets?

5 Mins

In a lake, there is a patch of lily pads. Every day, the patch doubles in size. If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire lake, how many days would it take for the patch to cover half of the lake?

47 Days

I was just trying to follow your train of thought. It seems that the idea that someone might nick your idea made you eventually keep it to yourself. So then I got to wondering if it is an idea that you are going to eventually put on the web, how do you still protect that idea? Then I got to thinking in general about how entrepreneurs try and solve problems and it is by solving problems that they create opportunity. Then I thought about some general logical problems above and what type of thinking it takes to solve them. So in a sense my post was simply the thought process that came into my head, as a result of reading the thread in its total.

But I guess the final question is once you put the idea into the e-commerce website for the world, how do you protect the idea then?
    I got it first time in couple of seconds :-) Mabe to elaborate how you get to the answers.

1) If the bat is $1.00 more than the ball then there is 10c left. Divide it by two and you will find the equal of 5c.

2)It 5 machines takes 5 minutes to make 5 widgets, it means 1 machine takes 5 minutes to make 1 widget.
    So 100 machines will also take 5 minutes to make 100 widgets just like a 1000000 machines will take 5 minutes to make 1000000 widgets.

3)If the lily pads double in size each day then, the previous day it must have been half the size that it is today.
    Thus it would have been a quarter of the lake size on the 46th day and a eight of the size on the 45th day.

@vieome , do you have any more, i use to love math Olympiads.

@adrianh , i am always up for idees, and have so many idees myself, but don't have time to get to them even now between work and rugby.

Keep on believing, trying and failing, cuz their is always gonna be people that say it won't work. 9 out of 10 times they might be right, but by you trying it and failing you
    will succeed the 10th time and then everybody that had something negative can just watch u drive pass them in your Ferrari. haha :-)

I am willing to listen to your proposal. I develop in php and vb.net and have people to outsource / pass it on to also if needed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123