Hi everyone,

[I'm not sure if this post is in the correct section of the forum (please excuse my ignorance as I'm new), this seemed applicable, as its a general question]

Okay so just as some background, I am a 26 year old B-com Graduate turned Entrepreneur, Ive been involved with a somewhat successful Civil Engineering/Construction company for the past few years and have accumulated a modest share portfolio. Investing has always been a particular interest/passion of mine and with comparative analysis to other equity funds mine has done exceptionally well.

This has led me to the following Proposition; I want to start my own Asset Management Company.

I'm obviously still in the dream stages of this plan but I have access to some high net-worth individuals (friends & Family) who are interested in doing business with me, the obstacles I face to this however include an inadequate understanding of the legislative background to implementing/starting and running a company like this. Ive done a feasibility analysis and with the amount of capital I can raise it is a realistic venture for me to undertake.

I have faith in my business acumen and ability to bridge the shortfalls in my skill level, however, I need some advice on how to proceed/get started...
The FSB is a quagmire of jargon and difficult to understand instructions but what I have come away with is that I need to do the following Regulatory Examinations for a level one qualification; exams 1&5 and then for the product specific exams I have no idea.?

Has anyone been through this process and is able/willing to help?

Regards,
phil..