Thread: In desperate need of help

Thanks

Unhappy In desperate need of help

Good morning

I operate pastel off a network server - last week my PC was giving hassles so I called in a gent to help.
    I gave him strict instruction about what he was not allowed to even touch - on Friday opened up pastel only to discover that there is nothing in pastel.
    Normally when I access this I have to open the network server and once open pastel select the file and bobs your uncle.....
    Now there are no files to select??
    Has anyone encountered this problem - please could someone help??

Thanks
    Hi there,
    I'm no expert with computers, but if you go to the drive on the server where all the pastel data is stored, is there any data in there? If yes, then you just have to map the drive again and point the software to the correct drive.
    always fear when Christel is near....

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Give Neville a call. He is the resident Pastel expert. I am very sure that he will be able to assist you.

Neville Bailey - Pastel Accounting Consultant and Photographer
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like the network is not running between the server and your terminal/PC, so the program is accessing the local drive.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    To troubleshoot, try these two processes in order:

1. Open up My Computer and look for a 'mapped network drive' that links to the Pastel folder your data files on are the network. Sometimes this disconnects. Try double clicking this icon to open the folder. All that will happen is your will view the data files/folders in that Pastel Folder, but do doing so your PC will reconnect that mapped network folder automatically.

2. Try re-establishing the data files in Pastel itself. Go to open file (where currently you don't see any Pastel companies). On the RHS you will see 'Add Company' or 'Activate Company'. Your local machine (acting as Pastel Workstation) may just not be picking up the Pastel files and by either adding or re-activating the company files it will sort out.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ryancohen View Post
    To troubleshoot, try these two processes in order:

1. Open up My Computer and look for a 'mapped network drive' that links to the Pastel folder your data files on are the network. Sometimes this disconnects. Try double clicking this icon to open the folder. All that will happen is your will view the data files/folders in that Pastel Folder, but do doing so your PC will reconnect that mapped network folder automatically.

2. Try re-establishing the data files in Pastel itself. Go to open file (where currently you don't see any Pastel companies). On the RHS you will see 'Add Company' or 'Activate Company'. Your local machine (acting as Pastel Workstation) may just not be picking up the Pastel files and by either adding or re-activating the company files it will sort out.
    Thank you for this - I managed to get hold of someone local who assisted - seems like the young gent that was "helping me" - removed something off the pc that should not have been. So I am up and running again....just in time.

Thanks to everyone for their assistance