Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Home office vs working from the employers office

Thanks
    Sometimes when circumstances dictate that I have to ride through the "rush" traffic (never know why they call it that, because it is the slowest moving) it is enough to make me very grateful that I don't have to do that twice a day, every day.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    I think your boss kinda has a point. You are working from home, although it is going to be a challenge for you to be motivated to work, you are also working from the comforts of your home, you don't have to commute, etc. My question is, who's idea was it for you to telecommute?

Thanks
    Hi Eina26,
    We have a few people that we call "processors" that works from home. Because my company mainly have farmers as clients, we have people staying on the "platteland", where we have no offices. obviously their setup is different because there is no office nearby. Then we have a few "in town" processors, but they are also treated differently as they are not only working for us, but could have "private" clients too. Then we have me... I work on my own, I don't need to be in the office, that is why I was "transferred" to our consulting offices last year to free up space for more students etc. at the main offices. I had the option last year to either work from home or be transferred to the other offices (where my boss rents the space for me as it's a different trading entity to hers). I had to choose the other offices as at that stage we were staying out of town on a farm and it would not have worked out for me... but now, we stay in town, so I'm wanting to now go for the "work from home" option. I'm meeting my boss today... so I should know by later today what and when and how it will all work out.
    always fear when Christel is near....

Suspended
    Thanks
    Good luck Christel. It sounds like you are quite used to working "on your own", so you know what it involved. It does take a special kind of person that is disciplined etc and gets quite lonely. So just be aware that there are benefits, but there are downsides to it as well. But if you are the kind of person that can handle it, then its great. Another problem is if you don't have too much interaction with other people one tends to fall behind a bit in all sorts of ways. I know working with young people (myself) sometimes has its challenges, but it certainly forces me to keep up with the times

5. Thanks given for this post:

Christel (19-Feb-14)

Suspended
    Thanks
    You save a lot by working from home. Its your benefit not their.

Thanks
    Sounds like your boss is fonded of you and fully confident in your capabilities :-)

i wouldn't kick a giving horse ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123