Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fleas

Thanks
    Dave A I have his the nail on the head.
    Just one thing I would like to add.
    The best time to start spraying for fleas is just before the rainy season.
    As soon as it starts raining they seem to start popping out all over the show.
    Secondly the problem is not always on your property.
    I started having a flea problem when our new neighbours moved in next door.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I love South African flowers and funny enough I have a lot of "Kakiebos" growing in my garden to keep some pests away and it works for the most part. They really are good for your garden if you keep them under control that is. That said my Bullterrier “when he was still with the living” never had a flea or any other parasite. He was clean healthy happy and he loved a clean bed. Seriously we washed his things every 3 days and he just showed you that he appreciated it. I miss him...

Still perhaps a combination of both treatment and nature is a way to go.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Tec0 - you actually very clever by growing your Sativa amongst the Kakiebos, they look very similar. No wonder your dog was so happy
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks

Guys I have met and conquered the advance of the flea. I have had dogs all my life but I have never encountered such a virulent invasion of fleas. I have consulted vets, got the best stuff, but nothing worked. I tried almost everything and finally I have got the fleas by the short and curlyz.

My dogs are on the pill “Comfortis”. I also dip them with a low dosage of Dazzle once a week. I know Dazzle is not specified for dogs it’s actually for rabbits and sheep, however it works a charm. May I also add that no other product including frontline would keep fleas off for even 2 days. I advice people to go for products like frontline first and only consider dazzle as a last resort. I used dazzle because it is used by farmers on their sheep dogs. I also have 2 sets of bedding that I change and wash+tumble-dry every 2 days.

My dogs have NO fleas NO more. My one dog that was developing a skin rash has completely recovered due to no more flea bites. Just to make sure I urinated on spots in the garden where I believe these evil creatures dwell. I know it may not be a scientifically proven method of combating fleas, but I thought it a nice touch.

Fleas
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    I know it may not be a scientifically proven method of combating fleas, but I thought it a nice touch.
    As long as they don't jump up and bite you on the tip???
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    As long as they don't jump up and bite you on the tip???
    That sucks
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Have you ever try flea sticks/Removers ? Other way may be you should try dog grooming clippers first and then washing to see what will happen .Good Luck
    Last edited by Dave A; 09-Oct-17 at 10:25 PM. Reason: making post comply with advertising policy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12