Thread: Android application needed.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Diamond Member
    Thanks

Android application needed.

I think that there is a great opportunity for an industrious developer. I have Whatsapp, BBM, Skype, Facebook, various email addresses and of course SMS on the phone. Every so often a message comes in and it is very difficult to know on which channel it came in on. Yes the phone does have a notification area but that area also shows all sorts of other junk. It would be great to have a single unified message centre!

Thanks
    It seems the one which is reviewed the most is Disa: http://www.addictivetips.com/android...ndroid-review/

Though it's still in Alpha phase (at least since last year September), and at that stage it only supported SMS & Whatsapp. Also since it's Alpha, if you join their testing community it's free - though of course you're expected to tell them about any issues you've found.

AFAICT they're still not a lot further along. Though they do mention that the FaceBook plugin is nearly ready. http://disa.im/
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Sounds interesting, I'll take a look.

Thanks
    Your wish is my command.

Haha, starting to work on my first Android app for a client. Have lots of vb experience and php, but Android new to me, so it is a interesting project for me. What i find irretating is the fact like you said there are some many methods for receiving messages but no complete central solution to organize the caous. I spend lots of my spare time developing methods to get my life organized and make my day job easier. So am always writing tools for myself. I just wish i could get all my devices and communication methods synced and organized. If only i had the time i would write something myself.

Thanks
    My dream tool would:
    Manage all my bookmarks
    Manage all my projects and tasks
    Manage/Organize all my emails / instant messages / sms / skype etc.
    Manage all my passwords
    Manage my schedule
    Reminders / Alarms that is also synced on all my devices
    Manage all my accounts
    Sync all my devices with the information stored in the cloud
    Automatic backup of this information
    Automatic backup / syncing of my files on all my devices
    Automatic full backups of all my devices at the end of every day without me having to do anything
    Charge my devices for me :-)
    Make me a protein shake when my calories are getting low :-)
    I am sure there are a few more i want to add here, but need to get back to work :-)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bjsteyn View Post
    I am sure there are a few more i want to add here, but need to get back to work :-)
    I'd like a massage also, and it should drive the car for me (especially during peak hours) so I can go sleep on the back seat. When will this be finished? Can I download my copy by next week? ... on second thought it should just "know" who wants it and install itself on all phones belonging to interested parties without any intervention from their side
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    I'd like a massage also,
    Definitely, will ad it to the list. Was getting massages at work (well once) , was suppose to be an monthly, but now nothing
    The app will use a sensor (using some sort of light electrical current, like some scales do) in your shirt that monitors your muscle tension, and sends the result to the app via bluetooth. As soon as it gets above the threshold then the app will send a bluetooth signal for a massager built into your shirt to turn on.

and it should drive the car for me (especially during peak hours) so I can go sleep on the back seat.
    Cars driving them self is not so far from the future, and couple of companies are already developing the technology. Tesla being one of them. So just a little patience.

When will this be finished? Can I download my copy by next week? ... on second thought it should just "know" who wants it and install itself on all phones belonging to interested parties without any intervention from their side
    Haha, if i only had the time, i would wright it. But it is on my project list, just the priority is low at the moment. Because it is quite a big project and need to have to funds in place so i can spend time on it. As for knowing for itself who wants it, downloading itself and installing itself that might be a bit trickier but not impossible.

Thanks
    Yeah, I guessed it might take a while

BTW, what language are you using for Android? AFAIK the most used is Java, though I've seen that you can even use DotNet these days (through Mono), so your VB skills might come to play