I'm curious - are there any uisge beatha lovers on the forum?

I never used to drink any form of "hard" liquor, until a couple of years ago. Bushmills ran a competition with a 1969 E-Type Jaguar as the prize - that was motivation enough for me to buy a bottle. I found it rather enjoyable, and I tried some other whiskeys (Irish, that is) as well. Somewhere along the line, I ended up buying a bottle of Scotch and then my preference started switching from the products of Ireland to the products of Scotland.

My current collection includes a near-empty bottle of Bushmills Black Bush, a bottle of Glenlivet 12, a bottle of Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban (highly recommended) and as of today, a bottle of Ardbeg 10. The Ardbeg 10 was Jim Murray's World Whisky of the Year in 2008, but I'm still trying to make up my mind about it. It's my first Islay, and I've never been to Scotland, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's the equivalent of diving into a peat bog head-first with your mouth open. Once I get past that, I'll probably be able to decide whether or not I like it. All I can say for now it that it's a world apart from anything else that I have ever tasted.

With the exception of a couple of drops of water with my whiskey, I shy away from mixers of any sort. What do you folks enjoy?