Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Death penalty, why not?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Silver Member
    Thanks

Death penalty, why not?

This morning driving to my first client I heard on the radio about another baby raped. 6 Weeks old!!! WTF? Why cant we have the death penalty back? Yes, I hear you, person shouting in the background, stating that we humans cannot decide on the life of another human. But isnt that exactly what these pigs, animals, worthless excuses for life are doing? So surely we can judge the judge?

I feel they should bring back the death penalty, include rape, molestation and murder. Done. You'll see the stats drop like flies.

If youre the type of person that need to justify things to yourself before accepting it, heres one....If you can rape a child, surely you are not made up of the things a normal human being is made up of, in a civilised society? So technically youre an animal, and we slaughter animals by the thousands daily, so shoving a rapist into a guilotine is nothing more than slaughtering a cow.....makes sense to me?

Why cant we have a special set of votes per year? We leave everything to government, and they decide how things must be run, even though everyone feels strongly against or for a specific point. Why not ask the country, do you want the death penalty back? Vote next month on a secret ballot, we'll count it, and then rule in favour? Wouldnt this be the perfect democracy...
    IJS Installations
    Electrical, Residential Gas and Electric fencing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I share your anger but fear that our justice system may not be up to the task. Considering all the corruption cases within the justice system there is a very real chance for abuse. Sentencing an innocent person to death is just as bad.

If our system was more trustworthy if we had better training and technology like the first world countries have then I would agree that offenders like these be put to death. Harming a child like that is in my opinion the worst possible crime that exists today. The fact that it exist at all is beyond my comprehension.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    I share your anger but fear that our justice system may not be up to the task. Considering all the corruption cases within the justice system there is a very real chance for abuse. Sentencing an innocent person to death is just as bad.

If our system was more trustworthy if we had better training and technology like the first world countries have then I would agree that offenders like these be put to death. Harming a child like that is in my opinion the worst possible crime that exists today. The fact that it exist at all is beyond my comprehension.
    I completely agree with you, especially convicting an innocent man, but death row does not happen overnight. These court cases usually drag on for a couple of years, enough time to convict the right person. I believe that just the mere fact that the death penalty is back, will instill some fear in these animals. They know that doing this will not result in a 10 year vacation in a jail cell, with food, water, central heating and a soft bed to sleep on, with us idiots paying for all of it, rather the end of what he knows as life itself.

I have two small babies, if this would happen to me, i honestly do not know what i will do, dont want to think about it. I do however know that I will be judge, jury and executioner if it had to happen to my children, wouldnt care about anything else at that point i guess?

People often judge too quickly from my experience. You've got the one crowd that says no to the death penalty, you've got another crowd that says no to guns....If they are left in the victims shoes, staring down a knife with a criminal on top of them, i bet they wish they had a gun in their hands at that point, and once youve been the victim of serious crimes, like I have, you shout for the death penalty.
    IJS Installations
    Electrical, Residential Gas and Electric fencing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacques#1 View Post
    I completely agree with you, especially convicting an innocent man, but death row does not happen overnight. These court cases usually drag on for a couple of years, enough time to convict the right person. I believe that just the mere fact that the death penalty is back, will instill some fear in these animals. They know that doing this will not result in a 10 year vacation in a jail cell, with food, water, central heating and a soft bed to sleep on, with us idiots paying for all of it, rather the end of what he knows as life itself.

I have two small babies, if this would happen to me, i honestly do not know what i will do, dont want to think about it. I do however know that I will be judge, jury and executioner if it had to happen to my children, wouldnt care about anything else at that point i guess?

People often judge too quickly from my experience. You've got the one crowd that says no to the death penalty, you've got another crowd that says no to guns....If they are left in the victims shoes, staring down a knife with a criminal on top of them, i bet they wish they had a gun in their hands at that point, and once youve been the victim of serious crimes, like I have, you shout for the death penalty.
    Evil has many faces make no mistake. Like you said people always say things like “if it was me I would have done this or that” Well like you said they haven’t experience powerlessness yet. They don’t know the heaviness, the brutality not to mention that it turns your body into a prison your mind the only prisoner.

They have no idea of the anger that eats you up and the horror of reliving each moment over and over again for the rest of your life. Time is no factor because it doesn’t matter if you grow up it doesn’t matter if you grow old. The torment is inside of you. Then the voices come and they make sure you will never forget.

It takes away so much of your humanity that you're not even sure if you are human anymore. Your skin becomes a mask because your soul died. But I digress.

Yes the law must condone the death penalty but only once it is capable to condone it. As things are now I will not trust the system. But if the system is bettered and we can trust it I will not stand against it.

But even if this human devil is dead or in prison it doesn't matter because what is done is done. Revenge is not a cure. The only cure is prevention
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    But even if this human devil is dead or in prison it doesn't matter because what is done is done. Revenge is not a cure. The only cure is prevention
    Yes but we will reduce the number of evil doers on the planet.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

6. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (29-Nov-13)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    Yes but we will reduce the number of evil doers on the planet.
    Like I said, I am all for the death penalty as long as it is done the right way and without corruption.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacques#1 View Post

Yep can not agree with you more.
    Every member of my family, excluding my two young daughters, have been involved in at least one incident in which a gun was used for robbery. Not a nice situation to deal with the aftermath. It takes a very long time for them to feel comfortable again. One family member was shot and had to nurse the gun shot wounds on two occasions.

Yes to death penalty
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I think that the perpetrator should be handed over to the community for them to sort out. If they choose to apply the death penalty then that's great....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I think that the perpetrator should be handed over to the community for them to sort out. If they choose to apply the death penalty then that's great....
    Like this?

35-year-old rape suspect stoned to death

Thanks
    I would like to shed some light on the subject by looking at how many countries worldwide still have the death penalty. Here is a list (It may be incomplete)

• Afghanistan
    • Bahamas†
    • Bangladesh
    • Belarus
    • Botswana
    • China
    • Cuba†
    • Egypt
    • Guatemala†
    • India
    • Indonesia
    • Iran
    • Iraq
    • Japan
    • North Korea
    • South Korea†
    • Lebanon
    • Malaysia
    • Pakistan
    • Russia†
    • Saudi Arabia
    • Singapore
    • Somalia
    • Suriname†
    • Syria
    • Taiwan
    • Tajikistan†
    • Tonga†
    • United Arab Emirates
    • United States
    • Vietnam
    • Yemen

It is clear from reading this list that these countries are mostly 3rd world countries, with the exception of a few. Some of these countries will in the not so far future abolish the death penalty. There has been a worldwide trend against capital punishment in the last 50years or so.

The US is the last great western democracy that still uses the death penalty. 32 US states use it and 18 have abolished it. In 2012 a total of only 43 inmates were executed.

Searching the internet I have found very little support for the death penalty. I have also found very little evidence that supports the notion that the death penalty reduces violent crime.
    “In Canada, for example, around three murders were committed per every 100,000 people before the death penalty was abolished in 1976, while after that the rate consistently went down reaching 1.85 homicides per 100,000".
    http://www.math.dartmouth.edu/~lampe...ent%20edit.htm

A large amount of murders in SA are directly the result of crime. Whereas in many other countries (especially first world) many murders that occur are crimes of passion, not directly related to crime per se as the motive. In SA we obviously also have many murders due to "crimes of passion" but we have far more crime related murders. I believe that evidence found in other countries that the death penalty does not deter crime, does not really apply to SA. I feel that the death penalty would certainly change the mindset of criminals, in that they would think twice before actually pulling the trigger. We may not get a massive decrease in crime, but we would definitely see a decrease in the number of violent crimes that lead to murder.

Naturally my biggest concern is that some people may be innocently executed. This risk may be reduced by having very strict criteria relating to specific kinds of evidence needed to deliver a verdict in favour of execution. But even then innocent people will get executed. Perhaps it is one of those things where the means justify the ends.

I think that it is wrong to kill, but if killing a few people leads to many more people not being killed, then I feel it morally justifiable.

I think that rapists and child molesters should be castrated by the local vet. I say vet because they deserve to be treated like the animals they are.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast