Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Death penalty, why not?

Suspended
    Thanks
    Tec for interest sake - it doesn't happen like that ........ Just saying. It was photoshopped.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Over 17,000 people were officially tried and executed during the Reign of Terror, and an unknown number of others died in prison or without trial. But according to you this played no role at all... Nah I think you are just full of it...

But you know everything so screw it...
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    No not from a video - from actual experience.

Thanks
    Let’s clarify. You said that the guillotine led to the rebellion (referring to the French revolution).
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    this execution is profound so much so that it started a rebellion and effectively rewrote history.
    I am deputing your statement that the guillotine started the revolution. I am not disputing its heavy use during the revolution. For some reason you view the use of the guillotine as a cause of the revolution. This is incorrect. You seem to have some trouble with the concept of cause and effect. The rebellion was not started because of the use of the guillotine. The guillotine was used by the revolutionaries to excess only after the revolution started.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    See beheading is a bloody mess and blood triggers testosterone, aggression and anger “like you see in chickens” In shot they go crazy and in humans the same happens and you get anarchy. The needle gives an image of absolute powerlessness and psychologically pacifying the criminal mind thus they will “fear it more”
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    No not from a video - from actual experience.
    I don't know what happens to the body but when in motion and being hit by a Barrett M82 I can imagine that it does a lot of damage. Also I can imagine that if the body is in motion that it will remain in motion for a few seconds. That was the video that was emailed to me. Also the Barrett M82 only entered into service in 1989. I can’t recall us "South Africa" having something like that so sorry you are talking kak yet again.

You said I wrote that we "humans" react like headless chickens when decapitated. There is the quotation above please read it again and tell me and everyone else where I wrote that?

Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    So you actually run around with no head ......
    Absolutely crap ..... The human body does not react like a chicen !
    Above is your story. Thus it is clear you made up a story claim that I wrote it “and I didn’t” and now you want to argue about it? Why? What is your intention? Why create a situation that will only lead to conflict?
    Last edited by Dave A; 01-Dec-13 at 07:54 PM. Reason: deflaming
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    The guillotine did NOT cause the French revolution. If you can find evidence that states explicitly that it did, then I will apologise and burn my history books.

I find your response to my posts rather amusing. Instead of dealing with the topic at hand you simply cry about how I don’t read your links (which I do by the way) and piss on everything you say etc. The interesting part is that you then try and get away from your own statement by making it more general in nature
    So are there arguments on the net that state that mass execution prompted a revolutionary change? Yes there is.
    Here you are trying to find a more defensible position.

But remember you stated this, and this is the statement we are talking about
    this execution is profound so much so that it started a rebellion and effectively rewrote history.
    It is clear that you would rather claim victim status than admit that perhaps you don’t know everything. You are incapable of accepting that you can be wrong about something.

You view a response that disagrees with you as an attack, instead you should consider the possibility that the other person might be correct. You need to learn some humility and understand that just because you believe something it does not necessarily make it true.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

7. Thanks given for this post:

HR Solutions (01-Dec-13)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @pmbguy - are you using reason and logic - sis on you, how dare you do that.

Now here is a thought, if the guillotine caused the French Revolution then it stands to reason that the cross caused Christianity...

As an interesting aside: if Jesus had his head lobbed off using guillotine would all Christians be walking around with little guillotines around their necks?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    The guillotine did NOT cause the French revolution. If you can find evidence that states explicitly that it did, then I will apologise and burn my history books.

I find your response to my posts rather amusing. Instead of dealing with the topic at hand you simply cry about how I don’t read your links (which I do by the way) and piss on everything you say etc. The interesting part is that you then try and get away from your own statement by making it more general in nature

Here you are trying to find a more defensible position.

But remember you stated this, and this is the statement we are talking about

It is clear that you would rather claim victim status than admit that perhaps you don’t know everything. You are incapable of accepting that you can be wrong about something.

You view a response that disagrees with you as an attack, instead you should consider the possibility that the other person might be correct. You need to learn some humility and understand that just because you believe something it does not necessarily make it true.
    In the end there where a few factors granted. Not saying that I am wrong. See if did any kind of research you will find the words "The Reign of Terror" Now what happened in this time frame? You are the expert you tell me.

Secondly the idea behind my post was to illustrate that exposing people to acts of horror will have a profound effect on them. Sometimes people go mad “example would be people that come back from war” Some can put what happen behind them others can’t. Not every person is the same.
    Last edited by Dave A; 01-Dec-13 at 07:55 PM. Reason: deflaming
    peace is a state of mind

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    tec0 - there comes a time in life when one is better off just keeping quiet irrespective of being wrong or right because further talk adds no value to a situation...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    tec0 - there comes a time in life when one is better off just keeping quiet irrespective of being wrong or right because further talk adds no value to a situation...
    get me on the live chat we can talk about it there. I have an hour we can try and resolve this or not choice is yours.
    peace is a state of mind

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast