Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Copy rights

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps at this juncture one should bring to light that signed agreements do not of necessity mean the only way of protection.
    There is a common law and sometime statute, hence it can be that if I brought a design to someone and you started producing it then I will have acclaim.
    Conversely, a contract is only as good as a person's word.
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

2. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (30-Nov-13), tec0 (26-Nov-13)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    For sure, but you will have to get a court to stop that person from doing so. People simply don't care about lawyer threats, and getting it through the courts takes a long time. The person in question would be stupid to copy it directly, all he would do is make a couple of changes and give it to his buddy to manufacture.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Pmb guy,that is true, nobody is playing the victim merely indicating that I don't trust anyone and very cautious of new acquaintances.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    Pmb guy,that is true, nobody is playing the victim merely indicating that I don't trust anyone and very cautious of new acquaintances.
    I was not really talking about you here. It was a general statement aimed at people who play the role of the eternal victim, blaming others for their failures because they got stabbed in the back.

I am very friendly and open with new people that I meet, but I am very observant as to what their intentions are. I am like you in that I am cautious, I don’t just trust somebody off the bat. Being friendly and open often makes it easy to spot whether somebody else has malevolent intentions. Because they feel they don’t have to play their A-game when trying to screw you.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    Or just make sure that my marketing strategy is setup targeted in the right place and working efficiently, and that my price is competitive.
    And that you offer members of TFSA from other centres agencies to sell the product for you
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    http://www.bestmastersprograms.org/apple/
    Even the greats steal ideas, it is not a matter of who to trust, and that one becomes a victim when they are not careful, anyone can become a victim. When you in business for yourself, you have to have some level of trust for certain people, and they could be the very people that become back stabbers. Without trust in people we would not have credit facility's for our customers. At some point in every mans life he will be stabbed in the back no matter how careful he is, but you have to learn from that. We just have to weigh the risk vs the loss or profit. Most of the time when the idea is stolen, the person revamps the product so that it does not represent the original idea. However 2 people can come up with a similar product then it will come down to marketing.

I have found the best way to increase market share, is to use behavioral economics, hidden nudges that move the product, this is done in supermarkets, where the sellers of chocolates have positioned their products at the check out till at eye level for kids, their target market.

Recently someone asked me how they could get more hits on their site, (Idea free for anyone, to use will share it). All we did was print business cards with only a bbm bar code and give them out at schools and university, curious minds then following the code to his site, and it showed an increase in sales and hits.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    A wise old man told me many many years ago, that the only people that ever did him in, were people he trusted.

So who do you trust?
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123