Thread: Help with new business.

Email problem
    Thanks

Help with new business.

Hello all,
    As I have mentioned when I introduced myself that I intend to register a new business. I have received confirmation last week that the business is indeed registered under the name VanSmart Services. Now the business is structured as a sole proprietorship with the intention the convert it to a company or close corporation at a later stage. Now our local chamber of commerce suggests that I buy an existing CC "on the shelf". But the business registration company that I am using to register the business suggests that I register to a "shelf Pty" or "New Pty" company.

Question 1 has any member have any experience and/or advice on this matter. The relative costs and legal implications.
    Also, at present we are starting only with one van. If for instance the van is out of order or our demand exceeds our capacity.

Question 2. How could I hire/rent another van on short notice and for short periods of time.

The answers to these questions will certainly help me with me business plan and will be much appreciated.

Any other information or advice on any other matter that will assist me in this new venture will be gladly accepted with thanks.

Thank you and all of the very best.
    Hilton.

P.S. The website should be up and running in the coming week. Will let you know when active to get response and suggestions.

HWP

Suspended
    Thanks
    Now our local chamber of commerce suggests that I buy an existing CC "on the shelf
    Yes you could and could convert it at a later stage.

How could I hire/rent another van on short notice and for short periods of time.
    You could use Value Logistics or hire a van from any car/truck rental agency. Its very easy - I would not stress about this.

Thanks
    Question 1 Now our local chamber of commerce suggests that I buy an existing CC "on the shelf". But the business registration company that I am using to register the business suggests that I register to a "shelf Pty" or "New Pty" company.

Please compare the cost of Buying or Registering new Pty ...Buying might be complicated due to change of ownership which sometimes its complicated process and also depend on state of company you willing to buy...@ Regitering new company how much do they charge you ?

Thanks
    What type of business are you running? If its eg freight then hiring a van will usually not be feasible.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Email problem
    Thanks
    I found a company called Swiftreg very helpful when I did my registration. Google them and I'm sure they will come up. They let you do the whole process online and then a few calls afterwards and you have a new company Viola

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilton Prinsloo View Post
    I have received confirmation last week that the business is indeed registered under the name VanSmart Services. Now the business is structured as a sole proprietorship with the intention the convert it to a company or close corporation at a later stage.
    I take it that's actually a name reservation then rather than a registered company.

Given the new Companies Act, personally I don't see any benefit in buying a shelf cc and would go straight to a shelf pty or new pty with an appropriate MOI that is going to stand the test of time.