Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why family businesses fail

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    Oh dear, Adrain what time does your wife usually log on?
    lol sorry im new here so im still a bit cocky. :-)

no im just interpreting what adrian is saying. ive never met him or his wife hence the disclaimer re her side of the story.

Thanks
    Leon i'm just pulling your leg. Its all under control, Adrian's wife is not a member....sadly.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    My wife and I now work like clockwork together. We had numerous discussions and decided who does exactly what. She handles all financial matters and administrative matters, I handle all technical matters and we do planning together. We sit every morning to see where we are at, what we've done and what we need to do. Its quite amazing what can be accomplished when each person focuses on their strengths and leaves the other person to get on with it. A lot has happened on a personal level too, I stopped my $hit a couple of months back and made a decision to commit myself to the smooth operation of the business and the family. I have a great wife and a pair of beautiful teenage daughters and I'm not going to f*ck that up because I am unwilling to change. I suppose this all sounds like rubbish but its not, I realized that I have way more to lose than to gain by refusing to find ways to bring balance to the situation.

Anyway, all's well, the business is getting better, the family is closer and we are al for more tolerant and respectful towards one another. It took a lot of introspection to realize exactly how good the three of them really are for me and the fact that nobody else would stand for the way the kokkeroaches run amuck in my brain most of the time!
    Glad to hear Adrian

Things are also going rather well on my domestic front, has been for the last few months. Last night we had an in-depth discussion about the characters from twilight. As interesting as that may have been, it was the fact that we are spending allot more time together that’s important. I avoid thinking about the twilight-woman-enthusiasm after the new saga is released. I got a new laptop and I sit’n surf/read/work on it in the house at night – not outside in the office. We do other things together too. She is sooo happy that I am spending so much time with her that it creeps me out a little bit, but I like it.

The happy home happy business principle definitely applies
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

4. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (23-Jul-14)

Suspended
    Thanks
    Good on both of you. The "problem" with working together with your spouse is you must draw lines and you should try to leave work at work when you go home. It is very difficult but we have found that this is the only way. Too often you take your problems home and end up discussing it and not spending quality time with the family.

6. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (23-Jul-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Anyway, all's well, the business is getting better, the family is closer and we are al for more tolerant and respectful towards one another. It took a lot of introspection to realize exactly how good the three of them really are for me
    So stoked to read that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123