Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diwali

Thanks

Diwali

Every year thousands of people celebrate diwali while thousands of dogs are tortured by it. The fireworks are so loud this year that the sedatives are not working. Oh its tradition.....well f*** that. How can any tradition justify the fact that it tortures animals. Its sick. I just don't get it. Why can't they just use fireworks that don't sound like bombs going off. There are in fact beautiful fireworks available that don't make such a big bang when they go off. I just told my neighbour down the road that if he blows up one more bomb above my house that I am going to kick his ass... Every year its the same shit. I think we should ban loud fireworks. It serves no purpose what so ever. So go cry tradition. Go say I am not sensitive to your traditions....well you go to the SPCA tomorrow and go see your tradition at work.

For those of you celebrating diwali without loud fireworks I wish you a wonderful night of celebrations.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    It may interest you to know that shooting off fireworks is neither religion nor tradition, that is, unless the religion/tradition is only a few hundred years old? I think it's more a case of "we will do as we please and stuff the animals that suffer". Traditionally, Diwali is a "festival of lights" not "make as much noise and disturb as many people and animals as we can possibly can" festival. I hate fireworks and I strongly dislike anyone that uses them for any reason, they serve no purpose whatsoever.

My Monday gripe...
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

Thanks
    My neighbours Dalmatian is missing today. She was so frightened that she jumped their high fence, which had barbed wire on top, there are spots of blood from where she cut herself climbing over. They have been looking for her since, I really hope they find her. I drove out to a friend’s house last night and the streets were filled with frightened dogs running around, not knowing where to hide. It breaks my heart.

The loud fireworks are just a small part of what is otherwise a wonderful festival. I don’t understand why people who celebrate Diwali can’t just exclude this one aspect from the festival. There are lots of fireworks that don’t make such loud explosions. Hinduism teaches respect for all creatures and compassion towards all beings as a basic principle of Hindu practice. So why allow the loud fireworks, knowing full well how it tortures animals. I think it goes against what the religion teaches and it is morally wrong. I challenge any person of the Hindi faith to justify their actions with regard to this matter.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I think there where a lot of angry pet owners yesterday, including myself.

I got to a point yesterday, if I had a paint ball gun someone would have got hurt. The constant pop pop of those little crackers all f^&* day from 8 am till the big bangs really started at 8 pm, then it was a free for all.

There is a way to curb this problem, make it so dangerous for everyone that someone will put an end to it. Every time people crack out the fireworks, all the people with firearms step out empty a couple of magazines into the air and go back inside. They will not be able to trace all the bullets and they will not be able to identify who shot off rounds because of the noise from the fire works. I know it sounds a little harsh, but then so are fireworks.

There is another issue with fireworks, CRIME, how can they control the crime if fireworks are going off. You cannot get hold od a police station, the numbers just ring, the criminals can do what they want and nobody would know the wiser. With all the animals being cared and locked away, it opens you up, your neighbour wouldn't even know what is going on if the criminals where shooting you dead.

By the way it is not only the animals who suffer from these fireworks, young children are also traumatised by some of the ridiculously loud explosions which where going off.

A couple of years ago I went over at 10.30 pm and asked my neighbour politely to please stop with the loud bangs as it was scaring my daughter, he laughed and told me to piss off, so I did, went home collected all my marine safety gear and some, went back to his house threw everything I had at his house, it took him the whole of the next day to clean the orange powder off his walls.

By the way I was so angry that I was going to shoot the 1000 ft flares that I had at his house, lucky I didn't it could have burnt his house down, at least he hasn't been so noisy since.

Thanks
    Stink bombs I tell you. Next Diwali I will lob stink bombs into the yards of those people firing off loud fireworks so they can smell how rotten their behaviour is

Thanks
    A bit of good news, my neighbour found his dog some 5km away with some cuts to her legs and still frightened. My neighbour is a good guy so I guess its KARMA

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Its not only Diwali. What about the morons still celebrating Guy Fawkes?

There are some people who have nothing to do with either GF or Diwali, but use the opportunity to shoot of big bangs as if it was a war zone. I have nothing against a good fireworks display, but the guys paying hundreds of bucks for these poof poof rockets and big bangs are really daft. People get hurt, animals and children are traumatised and very often fires are started by fireworks.

Why not pool your resources and arrange for a proper fireworks display put on by professionals at a public venue? That way everyone can enjoy it and nobody gets into trouble.

Peace brother!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    I despise all loud fireworks it does not matter what the occasion is, we certainly can't just blame Diwali. I agree with Blurock that people should have organised events, with certified non-bomb like fireworks. One big show is much better to look at than just your own little private show.

Thanks
    I don't agree, there is no reason for fireworks, even an organised event at a remote public place, animals can hear the smallest bang at a great distance, that's how they know that bad weather is on the way, they hear it from far away. The only big bangs that can happen is all-out-war, no other reason, and even that shouldn't be happening. Besides, a fantastic display can be made-up of laser lights and starlights, these run quietly and can carry-on indefinitely, and I've yet to see the animal or human that is traumatised by them.

Diwali, Guy Fawkes, Christmas, New Year, Easter, and some others, are all reasons sought to set off fireworks by the few brain-dead morons of the world. I would like nothing more than to see a complete and thorough banning of these vile devices across the entire world, unfortunately, we don't live in Utopia.
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    That's like putting a ban on alcohol, not going to happen mate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast