Hi all

I have encountered a very peculiar error when trying to run Pastel Bank Manager.

SETUP
I have workstations using a remote server (Windows shared drive X for licence/registration and company data.
The remote server is access via a network drive (X:\) on my file server called 'gateway2'.
I have setup the licences using remote server option (drive X: and gateway2) and all works 100%
Here is what is looks like:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg 
Views:	549 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	4063

You can see that
1) PERFECTH is on GATEWAY2 (shared as drive X: on my laptop)
2) PERFECTHXYZ is on DAVISLAPTOP (my laptop on drive C

PERFECTXYZ is an exact copy of PERFECTH

When I goto cashbook in PERFECTH (which is on the network drive X: ) and try to open Bank Manager
I get this error
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg 
Views:	749 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	4064

When I goto cashbook in PERFECTHXYZ (which is on the local C: drive) and try to open Bank Manager
I get no error everything works 100%

Looking at the error it sounds like there is some memory space that is not being initialized or is being incorrectly addressed.

I have been many hours on Pastel support line (don't get me started) and all they say is "It's a network problem and you need to fix your network".

I know TCP/IP networking very well. I have tools to run a trace on the network to see the exact packets traversing the network and I see nothing peculiar. No calls to the file server on unserviced ports, no funny packets, no interesting port listening on my laptop. Pastel can tell me nothing about what the network problem could be.
My only thought is that perhaps it's a Netbios issue or LMhosts or something along that line (assuming of course that it actually is a network problem)

So I am seriously stuck. Any assistance or suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks David