Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am a suspect in a murder case!

Thanks

I am a suspect in a murder case!

I swear I am innocent though Lol!. So this is what happened. I get a sms saying that a case has been opened against me, contact detective xxx on 061xxxxx.
    What the hell? I was shocked! But then I realised it’s obviously a scam. So I call the number and the guy who answers was the detective I needed to speak to. I asked him what the hell is going on, he said that my number is listed as belonging to a certain Mr Jacobs who is wanted for murder. So I explain I am not mr Jacob he then says that he needs to ask a few questions to verify my identity and remove me as the owner of the number. He explained that the police might track the number and arrest me. Ok my name is Wilhelm KukKuk the 3rd etc etc Banger st 69 etc etc, then he asked me to give him a 4 digit number as a reference that I will never forget. He said that if the cops try arrest me I must give them this 4 digit number “It is crucial that you can never forget the number Mr Kukkuk” I gave him a 4 digit number and he would say each time that that number has been used already please provide another, eventually I got fed up and said: “Hey detective xxx may I politely tell you to go play with your monkey” and I put the phone down.

I think they cloned my bank card somewhere and needed the pin code the bastards. I can’t think what other number they were looking for. It’s actually very clever because people are naturally stressed in such a situation, and may just give their bank card pin because it is very easy to remember.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

2. Thanks given for this post:

Mike C (10-Oct-13)

Thanks
    Thanks for keeping us informed. A very clever ploy I must say!
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My situation is a bit more real actually. Did you know that MTN recycles old numbers? Well in my case I got an SMS demanding payment on one of my accounts. I phoned the head office "and did not use the number they provided" and sure enough the number did actually belong to a previous MTN client. I explained to them that I am NOT person they are looking for and that this is a "NEW" number that MTN has given me.

But it gets better... Do you know how many angry SMS I got from this damn number? Now imagine just for a moment that this is the last number on record for this person. Did MTN even thought it trough to reuse old numbers?
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Google the cell number that you had to phone in a few different ways ie. the no. with no hyphens first, then try it with hyphens eg 061-xxx-xxxx. You will be surprised what comes up.

Thanks
    This is new, thanks for the heads up
    You miss 100% of the chances you never take

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    Google the cell number that you had to phone in a few different ways ie. the no. with no hyphens first, then try it with hyphens eg 061-xxx-xxxx. You will be surprised what comes up.
    I was using a loan phone at the time and returned it since so I don’t have the sms anymore, but I did google the number the day I got it and found nothing. But that’s good advice. Usually if it's a long running scam you can find info about it
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Clever of them - if only these thieves spent this much time putting their business into legal business they would be masters of their trade.

Email problem
    Thanks
    This is my first opportunity to visit this website.I want to show my admiration for your generosity in support of people that should have assistance with your question.

Thanks
    As far as I know all providers recycle cell numbers. I kept a SIM card who was in RSA years ago. I keep the phone on (vibrate only) as a emergency phone with a few bucks on it (pre-paid). If I smella rat and soempen wants my number for whatever reason I just give that number. I am getting calls and please call me's from some people who do not seem to speak English at all. Must be for the previous owner of this number.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    Everytime i add air-time to my pay as you go; i get a friendly message stating; You've got 1 friend request on facebook ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast