Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easyfile EMP501 issue

Thanks
    It now tells you that version 6.4.0 is out of date and that you can click "Update" or download the latest from the website. Clicking "Update" however just says "Failed to connect to Update Service" ... so it seems everyone will have to be downloading the newest version.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    yes I had the same problem. had to download the full version. last one had so many bugs, I am terrified when it comes to using this new one, however it seems to open ok and doesn't say "failed to connect " time will tell. I am sure this will be one of a few updates..........dreading filing season

Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I wasn't sure where to post an update on this particular issue. This seemed to be the last time I griped about it, so this thread ended up being the one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    My other favourite irritation, the refusal to be able to get missing tax numbers for new personnel that already have a tax number allocated, despite you having ID etc. captured when you synchronise... Honestly, why don't they just do it. The extra faf trying to get an income tax number from someone who has never had to pay a cent in tax in their life is rather irritating, especially knowing the problem could be so easily solved.

Copy of ID - no problem. Got anything with your income tax number on it - most often they don't even know they are registered for income tax.
    I am absolutely delighted to report this has finally been implemented. What a pleasure!

Just a tip for folk with multiple employer profiles loaded on their E@syfile application though - when it synchronises it only updates the income tax numbers of the employees for the company profile you're logged into. To update other employer profiles, you will need to select each profile and synchronise separately.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Hmmm. Once I get past the login screen (it just hangs after I enter the password), I'll check out this new feature.

Why do they have to make being an employer and a tax payer so frustrating?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12