Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Box vs Dropbbox

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sterne.law@gmail.com View Post
    Good lord. 50 G.
    Anyway space is hardly an issue, as you could just use multiple boxes. Although that defeats my objective.
    Yes me too
    And I can't use the free one for work because things can be changed by staff. And the bus one is way too expensive.
    But I am very happy with it for me.

Thanks
    Open a gmail account as sterneprivate store your stuff on it, you can access it from anywhere.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    The DropBox 50G is due to other stuff you added / installed / if you've invited others to join DB. I know I had around 5GB a year ago because of (mostly) invitees. But as soon as I installed the DB app on my Samsung phone that jumped to just over 50G - must be some sort of special between DB & the phone manufacturers.

As for Box, I like the fact that it's a lot more simple to share with just anyone. DB mostly requires that the recipients also register with them (even if free). But Box allows you to share to anyone, even if they don't want to register. I've got my email client (Thunderbird) set up so it automatically uploads & shares (and includes the link in the email) if any attachment is greater than 1MB. That way when sending large files via email, I don't clog the server and the recipient can download at his leisure by clicking the link. DB has some issues with this, at least their free version does.

As for allowed users, both seem to have some sort of share only to specified users. But once shared they either have read-only control, or full control. At least Box tells you if someone else has changed a file you originally uploaded. So for me, if it wasn't because of the huge 50G+ DB size, I'd have moved across to Box for everything.

Though I do have a GMail, and thus also Google Drive - I've not used it much for sharing. May have to look into that as well, but for now I'm fine with my setup.
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

4. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (03-Oct-13)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.