Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: They are not that expensive!!!

Suspended
    Thanks
    lol . Yeah I think most of us know within when we are over the limit. Those gadgets work fine when you want to test an employee or someone else. (Yes I do know the laws regarding this as well, just in case I am again attacked for it)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Think laterally, I am referring to the manner in which one looks for solutions to problems, rather than the specific problem!

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Think laterally, I am referring to the manner in which one looks for solutions to problems, rather than the specific problem!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    I like the idea of having testers connected to company vehicles, along with the usual tracker system. The car will start if you over the limit for safety reasons, but it will report it, at the same time taking a photo/video and over the car speaker he will hear your (boss) pre recorded warning "Craig see you in the office first thing" or "Think about this Craig....do you want your job?".
    I can also see these devices used on request of patrons at restaurants just before leaving for home, as a special added service.

But Tec tell me why this topic, what recent event made you think of this, was there an incident?
    I think there are enough drunk drivers running around. I figured if companies small businesses took part in an informal awareness campaign about drunk driving and perhaps hand out a few devices to their employees that there can be an active change on the roads.

I don’t know after seen that truck destroying those taxi busses on the news the image burned into my memory. Yes we all dislike taxi drivers but the people at the back of the taxi didn’t ask to die. So based on that I am slowly working on a plan to introduce awareness and in future perhaps even the devices themselves “handing them out” at stops or at the mall.

I am still working on the finances for this campaign but hopefully by the end of next year it will become a reality.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    What does that truck accident have to do with drunk driving?

6. Thanks given for this post:

HR Solutions (26-Sep-13)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    In this case the change from within holds much more bearing to the solution than seeking a solution though something outside of one's self.
    In this case technology is being used as a tool for seeking control. So inner doubt and change seeking behaviour, for the purposes of seeking control, finds a fake outside Panacea.
    I only say the word problem now as it applies in earnest, The Problem is the drinking itself (obviously) this is exacerbated by the fake sense of control (tester). Real control in inward then outward, not outward then inward. 2 Problems, 1 Drinking too much 2 Dealing with it by finding fake outside control.

Also using a tester to save you from some negative effects of alcohol is like having clean needles available for heroin addicts. It does not change the behaviour at all it just removes some negative consequences and adds others.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Right on...

Toby Keith puts it perfectly in one of his songs "There is no right way to do the wrong thing"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    So based on that I am slowly working on a plan to introduce awareness and in future perhaps even the devices themselves “handing them out” at stops or at the mall.
    I am still working on the finances for this campaign but hopefully by the end of next year it will become a reality.
    Man now that I got to see
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Hey tec0, I will buy you a drink at the launch and at your victory party

Suspended
    Thanks
    . I figured if companies small businesses took part in an informal awareness campaign about drunk driving
    Most companies do this. In fact it is quite formal . From the words of an excellent example (Trump) You're fired !

Personally I am not going to help any staff by giving them a gadget to test themselves.
    Then we should give them HIV testing kits to test themselves after they have had a good shag to see if they have been invected so they don't go out there and kill anyone else !
    Its all about responsibility again which we spoke about on another thread (and disagreed about) . Take responsibility for yourself. Its the same as a pilot. He knows that if he is flying the next day he is not allowed to drink !! He does not need to blow his gadget to see if perhaps he might be below the limit so its ok to fly !

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast