Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Optical Illusions

Thanks

Optical Illusions

This intrigues me.
    REMARKABLE SCIENTIFIC FACT....THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BRAIN ..

This is really cool.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r-limgage.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	3975

The Right Side of The Brain

This is one of those great posts that show when you are using your Right or Left side of your brain. If you see the picture exactly as it is, you are using the left side. When you stare you will see the figure shift; and you will be using your right brain. You can switch back and forth.
    Stare to go to Right brain (it sort of trances you out or puts you in an altered NON THINKING state).
    Begin thinking and reasoning about it and you will move back out of the altered state into Left brain thinking. very cool. You will enjoy this if you are using the right side of your brain.
    Stare at this picture and you will see this man turn his face.

I saw him looking 2 different ways but not turn his head!
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    What I find interesting is that we are unable to see both versions simultaneously. Could it be because the left and right brains are linked together. Lets say the left and right hemispheres are split, would we then be able to see both versions simultanously. The thought process goes much deeper, considering that we are able to shift from one state to the other consciously then it stands to reason that our subconscious would pick one or the other view automatically. Could this be another reason why people who witness one event have diffrent accounts of the event. One person may describe the event in terms of one perfectly valid reality and another person from a different perfectly valid reality. What about images with 10differenrimbedded realities that cannot be seen simultaneously....

The human mind certainly has many flaws and issues and the people that make best use of those flaws are marketers. Our mental machines a number of computers that span many generations of computing wired up mostly by means of spaghetti. I suppose it must be hard to evolve a machine if the machine cannot be redesigned from the ground up but rather has to add functionality and slowly discard features that are no longer required.

Thanks
    My mind would blow if I saw both versions at the same time. We can put 2 pictures together, remember the stereoscope, and see in 3D but to see 2 pictures from one at the same time that would befuddle me.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Here is an interesting question; can you see both version with only one eye open at a time. I an still switch between the two versions easily at will with either eye.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I wonder if one would be able to see one version with one eye and the other version with the other

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    What I find interesting is that we are unable to see both versions simultaneously.
    Actually, I did it rather easily. It'd be interesting to see if you can too with a little effort.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I wonder if one would be able to see one version with one eye and the other version with the other
    Essentially that's how to do it. There's a trick where you let your eyes wander off sync. Hard to describe how for the uninitiated, but instead of stereo compilation mode you drop into two superimposed channels mode. I got introduced to it as a peripheral vision awareness training exercise in my younger days, and it comes quite easily once you've got the hang of it.

One way to trigger this is to pay close attention to an area in your peripheral vision. The other is to deliberately defocus on the object and then drop back into focus again, although this way the split tends to be pretty short lived.

Anyway, long and short of it - I got the guy split into two images - one facing forward and the other to the left. (Facing left in the right eye and forward in the left - based on the guy facing left being on the left and the guy facing forward being on the right).

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Wow, that is interesting, I wonder how many objects we would be able to track simultaneously if each were only visible to one eye.

Thanks
    It'd be interesting to see if you can too with a little effort.
    I didn't think it was possible but after you explained how I experimented a while and was also able to do it!
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    I tried and could't see the 2 simultaneously, but I could never see the hidden image in the magic eye books either. I will carry on trying.

Thanks
    Really cool optics.
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.