Hi

I have received quite a large order from a large financial instituion. As I have never dealt with them before I assumed I would not get the order as they would need three quotes. I have never supplied them with any info to go onto their database. Long story short - Order is for R 149500.00 inc VAT. Only once I received the order - 2 pages - one
with the official order and one with payment terms, I read that I am liable for the shipping - it will be local KZN - but this will still run into the thousands. Then payment will be made in 30 days providing all is correct.
Now with supplying corporate gifts there is the chance that there might be a problem with a couple of goods being faulty.
As I cannot physically check 15000 pens to see if they work, or the 3000 pencil case to see if the zips are all fine along with all the other items such as keyrings etc, if 1 has a slight problem it seems they can reject the entire order. My partner says we should get credit facilities from the supplier for the items, but I am not happy about this as it is a huge exposure and if something goes wrong it could finish us. I do realise that he does not want to turn orders away, but with all our other customers they know us and are happy that if an item is faulty they return it to be replaced. I think I must go with my gut on this one and decline the order.
Any feedback would be great to put my mind at ease.