Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Standard bank service

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Standard bank service

Sitting at standard bank westville waiting patiently to see the business banker. The sad part is the bank is empty, they only have 1 business banker.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    And wait.......................
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    After 45 minutes, waiting i still haven got to see the standard bank business banker, i left and 15 minutes later i have already been to FNB and discussed my requirements with their business banker and now leaving.

Thanks
    Ian are you tweeting this information?
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    I actually have a funny story about Standard Bank. I was given a check by a guy I sold assets for. While standing in the Q at Standard bank I had to go to the bathroom urgently..really really urgently. They outright rejected my request to use there bathroom. At least the teller did, so I asked the manager who by chance was hanging around the main floor. He also rejected my urgent request. Fortunately, a friendly lady at the help desk called me over, I made my case saying...public bathrooms are unhygienic and If she could please just let me go, it would only take 5min. She looked at me and just said: "Well sir. The public bathroom is right outside, down the steps to your left, not even 20meters from the entrance..have a lovely day. Needless to say, I was very upset thinking to myself, today I might catch some fatal disease for using the public toilet...luckily I'm still alive and kicking so it wasn't all that bad. but you would think a bank of all places would care enough for their clients to at least let them "go" in a perfectly clean and neat bathroom If nature calls In another post I stated that I have been with Standard bank all my life and never had any problems. That day, however, I wasn't impressed with there service. Now that I'm typing this, I'm laughing at what happend so no stress from my side hehehe

6. Thanks given for this post:

CLIVE-TRIANGLE (12-Sep-13)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I was sitting bored at the bank Wyn.

If I had known I was going to wait that long I wouldn't have wasted my time.

Here is another scary fact, at 12 pm the business banker goes for lunch and is not available until 2pm, come back later.

All I wanted to do was open another savings account and link my CC business account to all the other accounts so that I could transfer money between accounts with out having to pay the beneficiary payment fee.

Another scary fact, after waiting for all this time I got up and went back to the reception, where I asked to setup a meeting with the business banker, I was told that you business people cannot make appointments to see the business banker, first come first serve. But if you know the business bank manager, then you just walk in ask for Maureen and don't wait in a que, clearly I don't give the bank enough of my hard earned cash to qualify for that privilege.

After all that I phoned a friend, 2 minutes later I got a call to say I just need to got to enquiries they will link the account and the bussines bank manager is already busy prcessing the new account and all I have to do is go in and sign as soon as it is ready.

By the way I didn't have much joy at FNB, just too many question for me to answer.

Some advice for banks, if you want my business, I am not interested in all the list of extras, I don't want forex, I don't want ebucks and all the crap that comes with it. All I want is a bank to offer me banking services which affect my little business.

A tip for the banks, you want my business, offer me the service which will involve me dropping off 3 months banks statement, so that you can go through them and offer me the best package deal, yes it is that simply

or when I need finance don't do what standard bank did offer me pre approved finance, then decline it on the day I must go collect the vehicle, then 2 weeks after I have already financed and collected the vehicle, then tell me the finance is approved. The sales guy make a comment, that I would be driving the vehicle before Standard bank came back to me, so true it was. 2 days after I applied for the finance with Nedbank it was approved and I collected the vehicle at the same interest rate Standard bank offered.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    toilet guy...there is some serious security issues with you using their toilet, I don't blame them.

Forgot to mention after the call to the friend I returned to Standard bank because I had a large sum of money which had to be moved between accounts, I wanted to know what the cheapest way to move the money, that took 3 people 15 minutes to figue it out until eventually a white guy came over , because I think he could hear I was getting a rather p!ssed off, instructed them to link my accounts so that I could do a inter account transfer, which apparently will only cost around between R4 and R18, have to wait till tomorrow to do a history check which will display the fees in a separate column.

It would have been cheaper just to do the payment like I always do and paid the R100 or what ever it cost, would have saved me the R1200 for the 2 hours I lost today going into the bank.

Thanks
    Banks and a lot of businesses have changed from good service first then profit. Rather than the old model of service first which flows into profit.
    But is this not also because customers have become more ruthless?
    I had a customer who queried an invoice today as I undercharged her, I hurt myself when I fell off the chair.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

10. Thanks given for this post:

CLIVE-TRIANGLE (12-Sep-13)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The part that blows my mind is that there are 4 personal bankers and 1 business banker, and you cant make an appointment to see the business banker, am I the only person in Westville who uses Standard bank for business accounts, if this is the case I can see why. Westville must be full of rich retired people or the companies all use Nedbank.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi all.
    You don't know the half of it.

Not only are they trying to squeeze more sales, but they are also simultaneously trying to cut costs.
    How does that work? Can it work...?

Tremendous stress that bankers are going through since the recession time. There just is no money in the economy any more. Banks feel this first.

What they do is, they hiring temps from labour brokers and paying them absolutely nothing.
    It's becoming so bad, no one wants to work there anymore because you can make more money selling pop-corn on the street. It's only for young people who just can't get another job. Because sales is now a big issue , they are required to work twice as hard and for half the pay.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast