Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Standard bank service

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I find that hard to believe, maybe they should spend less money on fancy buildings and more on customer service. They are going to lose the little business I had to offer them, one of the only reason I have stuck it out with them is because they offered me a savings account many years ago when I just needed an account to start over, that was 13 years I have supported them.

You go into the bank there 200 square metres of dead space used for nothing 100 square metres of space for the ques and the other 100 square metres for staff

Here is a picture I took this morning of Standard bank in Westville, while waiting for 45 minutes, notice how many empty cubicles there are, the place was empty, those people you see are the personal bankers, notice how many personal account they are sorting out.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    You have to give Standard bank credit for their awesome service, my vehicle was paid up at the beginning of this year, so while I am still in a bad mood I decided to contact them to find out about my log book, which I still haven't received and it September of 2013 already. Their response, if I don't phone them they don't send the logbook, they just keep it until someone requests it

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    I decided to contact them to find out about my log book, which I still haven't received and it September of 2013 already. Their response, if I don't phone them they don't send the logbook, they just keep it until someone requests it
    Personally I like it that way - it's effectively free safe keeping.
    (Yes, something for FREE - from a BANK!)

And when you do pull the log book, you've got a limited time period to change the titleholder - which means sitting in a queue at Motor Licencing.

I've probably got a different view on this because I have to deal with quite a few vehicles, but if I've got to sit in that damn queue (which is long and slow at all times of the day, every day), I like to go in with a batch rather than one by one as the vehicles get paid up. So when I have to pull one log book, I pull all the other paid-ups and process the lot while I'm about it.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Pity you cant send them the fines, considering the vehicle is in the banks name

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Dave cant you stand in the dealer que?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nah - I'm not a dealer.
    And it isn't always quicker. Those guys use placeholders for a reason.

Sometimes I've had to fight a bit get the "normal Joe" queue teller to process more than two vehicles at a time, but the most I've ever been in with so far is three - and a "please" and a winning smile can go a long way

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Ians the Standard Bank Pinetown branch was much better.The Business manager was Steve Arde who really was a gentleman.Our account has been moved to Kingsmead which is a pity as we got excellent service from Steve.Our current business manager at Kingsmead is good and their service has been sharp.I have accounts at Standard and Nedbank and play the one off the other for better service/rates.

I have to agree with Dave about the logbooks.I called last week and they sent it via courier to my door and today the bakkie was registered.I don't stand in the line,one of my drivers do .

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    My wife used the Pinetown branch for a while, as she had a contact there, but the contact has been relocated, so now she gets the same kak service as everyone else and stands in the que. I don't know when last you where at the Pinetown branch, the lines where out the door the last time I went there, could have been because the ATMs went off line, much like Standard bank internet banking at the moment, trying to sort out payments but no internet banking for some reason

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    finally it has just come back on line.

Thanks
    Standard Bank has gone down over the years. I'm also looking for a new banker to gradually migrate towards.

How is Capitec?
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast