Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tough night for squatter camp

Thanks
    Nice, I am glad they building so quickly, these things usually take a hell of a long time to get off the ground. They must have had all the plans drawn up and approved beforehand
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Yeah, pretty impressive.

The structures themselves are pretty impressive too. Basic, sure - but there's clearly some thought that's gone into this approach.
    And a little bit less of an eyesore for you.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Across the road from us there is an informal settlement. The people where moved there along with a promise that they will get housing soon. Now this has not happened at all but what did happen is you see people washing their clothing what I can only describe as raw faecal matter.

Now I don’t have nearly enough money to begin to help them and the other side of the coin is some of them drive really expensive cars so I guess they can move out if they so wish. The reality however seems much more scary.

See that area was never used to construct buildings partly because of the water mass but there are rumours of sinkholes. I cannot confirm nor deny this. There is a road leading down there but it was never finished so clearly there must be something really wrong or someone made a mistake. I don’t know.

This is what I do know, infections, parasites and mosquitoes are a real problem but again little was done to inform people. The smell alone will make you sick. These people don’t need pleasing promises they need real help. Help that our government is paid to give. So why then have they been living in these conditions for a few years now?
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12