Thread: Telesales

Email problem
    Thanks

Telesales

I am so mad right now.

Earlier today I get a missed call from a 011 number. Later on they call again. It's Budget insurance. Because I've been such a loyal client of theirs with my car insurance they want to offer me life cover at the reduced rate of bla bla bla.

I tell the guy I'm not interested. As I was about to tell him WHY I wasn't interested.. BOOM. Jerk hangs up on me. I have always been friendly to these people, but now I've had it! The nerve this guy has to hang up on me AFTER he tells me his name & the company he is working for.

From now on, I'm just going to say, "Not interested" whenever these people call me.

PS. I can't remember this jerk's name otherwise I would've reported him.
    Last edited by Perform Computers; 09-Jul-13 at 05:49 PM.

Thanks
    I am surprised. Usually they come out heavy on the "why" because they have all the standard responses and answers to those responses down pat.

No one has to explain why they don't want something.

"No thank you. Not interested. Have a nice day. Bye" Put the phone down.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Email problem
    Thanks
    Well I mean, even if the call did drop, he could've called back. But as soon as I said NO, the call dropped.

Why do they even accept a position / job like this if they KNOW 90% of the time it's going to be rejection from the receivers end?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I have a lot of fun with them. See how much crap you can speak before they freak out. I kept on and on with one of them telling him that I drank heavily and tend to fall over stuff a lot, that I only had one eye, one leg, one arm and that I crawled around on the floor a lot. The guy was adamant that he would insure me until I told him that I skydive in the nude...he decided at that point that I am not worth insuring.

5. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (10-Jul-13), Mike C (10-Jul-13)

Thanks
    The guy was adamant that he would insure me until I told him that I skydive in the nude...he decided at that point that I am not worth insuring.
    Love it!
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I have a lot of fun with them. See how much crap you can speak before they freak out. I kept on and on with one of them telling him that I drank heavily and tend to fall over stuff a lot, that I only had one eye, one leg, one arm and that I crawled around on the floor a lot. The guy was adamant that he would insure me until I told him that I skydive in the nude...he decided at that point that I am not worth insuring.
    What!!! get out of my head
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Email problem
    Thanks
    So some lady calls me today asking if she can speak to me about some funeral / life cover thing.

Before she went any further I was, "Not interested thank you" & hung up.

I'm still smiling.