Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rampage Gaming - Jovan Nel - Fake Online Store

Thanks

Thumbs down Rampage Gaming - Jovan Nel - Fake Online Store

My son had asked me for a computer headphone set last year just before Christmas, so I googled around looking for the best price. Eventually I found this 'company' ...
    http://www.rampage-gaming.co.za/
    I placed an order as it was a few hundred rand cheaper than most other retailers.
    I received an invoice by e-mail a few hours later and all seemed normal.
    I paid the money by EFT into the account provided and then waited.
    A day or two went past and I wondered what was happening, so I sent off an e-mail.
    I was told that I should have 'confirmed stock' with them before ordering and that they were having trouble locating the item.
    Now, I assume that if you advertise a product for sale on your website that you have stock of such product.
    Anyway, a few more days went by and I sent off a few more e-mails and made some phone calls.
    Now they told me that the product was ready and I would get it in a day or two.
    But still nothing. I tried to contact them again.
    Now all of a sudden the story changed. They told me they could not get the item and I would be refunded.
    I gave them my bank details, but to this day, seven months later I have not yet received my refund.
    I have sent them letters of demand and begged for my refund but no luck.

So I began to google the company (Which admittedly I should have done before).
    Well it turns out that the company is not really a company at all, but just a website run by a kid named Jovan Nel.
    The more I read about this character the more sickened I became. He does not look capable of running a reputable company at all.
    I found his name on the rampage gaming website as the "managing Director"
    http://www.rampage-gaming.co.za/inde...37:information

But he is just a clueless and greedy kid who appears to be taking the money that people give him for orders and spending it on himself.
    I managed to track down some more information on him as the registrar of the website and another website...
    http://website.informer.com/registra...Jovan+Nel.html

I also managed to find his facebook page, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here, but this is all public information and publically viewable....
    https://www.facebook.com/jovan.nel.9
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jovan.jpg 
Views:	596 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	3655

His blog was located at http://gamingandhubbly.blogspot.com/ but has since been removed as it exposed too much information about him and his shady business practices.

There are more complaints and threads about this company located here....
    http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...help-please%29
    and here....
    http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...elling-company

When you go to Hello Peter you will find plenty of complaints about customers who have placed orders that have never been fulfilled....
    http://hellopeter.com/rampage-gaming...and-complaints

Just another warning, I found a comment on one site that this guy seems to be in the habit of creating fake accounts and then posting complimentary reviews on certain websites, so do not be fooled by the few positive reviews that you might see.

My advice is to stay away and not do business at all with this company or this person.
    I am in the process of compiling this information and making a case against him with the police for fraud.
    I suspect that SARS and CIPRO might also be interested to find out that this is not a legitimate company and that he is most likely also not passing on any tax or vat.

Thanks

Any progress?

Hi there.

Have you been able to put a case together against this crook? I've also been a victim. Purchased a PC case for R1336. Something about stock issues, then I cancelled the order... still no refund. I'm really keen to teach this guy a lesson. This is NOT how you run a business.

For now I'm thinking small claims court.

Rudolf

Thanks
    No, no progress yet simply because I have not taken the time off work yet to go to the small claims court.
    We really should get a bunch of us together and go to the police station en masse.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi

I've just laid a charge of theft against them, waiting for a case no.
    Do you think small claims court would be more effective.

Thanks

It's a miracle!

After numerous threats, I happened to be on the rampage-gaming website last week and by chance the "online chat" was, well... ONLINE. I asked the "operator" what happened to my refund and the person pretended to know nothing about a refund. I gave him my order number and the total owed. He then proceeded with some excuse about the accounts department and asked me my banking details. I received payment immediately! - although I am guessing it was probably someone else's money!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good to hear you got your money back, Rudolf

Thanks
    Hi, I have the same problem with them...paid 4 months ago R6 200 for components and still nothing.Got a lot of false promises and excuses in beginning but now they do not respond at all. I want to open a case of fraud against them as well...but need more info on them.Do anyone have a physical address for them?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by docgene View Post
    Hi, I have the same problem with them...paid 4 months ago R6 200 for components and still nothing.Got a lot of false promises and excuses in beginning but now they do not respond at all. I want to open a case of fraud against them as well...but need more info on them.Do anyone have a physical address for them?
    This is the address they use in all their e-mails and on their website....

Rampage Gaming
    37A Bosloerie Street
    Rooihuiskraal
    Centurion, 0061

Rampage Gaming CC

2009/099738/23

VAT Registration Number: 4670259417

But I have tried to serve them notice at that address and the mail was just returned to me unopened.
    Just more proof that we are not dealing with a legitimate business here, but rather a scam operation.

The one thing you can do is to report them to SARS as they are using a VAT number, but I highly doubt that they are actually paying any VAT over....
    http://www.sars.gov.za/TargTaxCrime/...-activity.aspx

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by docgene View Post
    37a Bosloerie Street Centurion Pretoria is what I found on the web.

I just printed the e-mails I'd been sending them and explained clearly what Rampage Gaming are doing when I opened my case, any good detective should be able to figure them out quickly.
    I also mailed them from another e-mail address posing as someone who was going to buy something and they responded immediately.
    So they are getting e-mails just ignoring those who they owe money to.

Will call the police next week to find out the progress.

Thanks
    Hoping this kid gets arrested
    You miss 100% of the chances you never take

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast