Thread: Insurance leads

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Insurance leads

Hi there, I am a Financial Advisor for Liberty Life. I am new to the game and am having a bit of a tough time getting started. I have come across a guy who is desperate to sell his database of leads (not neccessarily looking for insurance but it has land lines, cell numbers, email addresses, etc). He wants R300 for 500 000 leads. I wanted to ask everyones opinion on whether this would be a good move. I'm thinking since this is a numbers game, maybe quantity over quality in this regard. Good idea? Anyone else have suggestions?

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Can't believe you are openly considering spamming and/or cold-calling 500,000 people -_-

Thanks
    Hi Clive, I am not interested in spamming anyone. These leads have been legally obtained through an opt - in database. And if I must cold call half a million people to get my business going, so be it. I am really looking for better ideas but I also can't not do anything as I need to earn an income. I asked if there were any other, better suggestions - do you have any?

Thanks
    I have been working with Liberty Life for the last 5 years, I have done well for myself and I have never had to cold call anyone. I only work off referrals.
    You wasting your time buying that list, you will make a 300 hundred phone calls a day and be lucky if you get 5 good appointments

In the beginning of selling Insurance it is difficult, as people wont trust you since you have only been in the industry for a short-period of time. So start learning your products and competitor products. Also speak to the your colleagues about what funds they investing in for their clients and why.

Be in the office every day, most people fail in the industry as they are never in the office, they would rather be at home.

Now the easiest way to start is with family and friends, don't discuss the products just get the appointment and bring your sales manager to do the talking, listen to what he says and does.
    Use social media to advertise what you doing or promotions.

Ask your family and friends to refer you out, start socializing and meeting people. You have to build a network, keep in touch with your clients once a month and soon referrals will start coming in.

Offer your clients always the right products, and right service and start building a trusting relationship and you will have lifelong clients, I have never lost a client to another broker.

You can inbox me if you need any help.
    You miss 100% of the chances you never take

Thanks
    Rafael gave you great advice. Start by setting up appointments with your Sphere Of Influence (SOI); i.e. your family, friends, ex-colleagues etc. Never leave without getting them to give you 3 names of their friends etc. who might benefit from your services.

Depending on your available time, you could even write a weekly blog/newsletter to drive traffic to your website,

Good luck!