Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Universal Ending...

Thanks

A Universal Ending...

As one of our members has requested, here is a scientific question that has received much accolade and debate.

Einstein proposed that "when a body accelerates to 'Light Speed', it will cease to exist as solid matter, and as all matter in the Universe is accelerating away from the centre, it will eventually reach 'Light Speed' and thus will cease to exist and thus would form the end of the Universe". These are obviously not his exact words or even the full portion of his theorim, but basically what he is saying is that matter when it ceases to exist will form a barrier which cannot be transected (ventured beyond). Of course he was wrong, as he admitted later when he conducted a simple 'bending the light experiment'. I. E. Matter can only bend if it, in fact, exists.

The Scientists working on the Haddron Collider in Cern have shown that particles do exist even at FTL (faster than light) speeds, although these particles are minute and are faster than the eye can perceive, they are there. Even eletronic equipment is limited as it also can only work at speeds below that of light.

I haven't taken the time to research any of this on internet or other sources, so there is a possibility that the above statement may be misleading, however, I wanted to rather leave the speculation (and research) to you. Have Fun... Now the question...

"Does the Universe have an end?"
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

2. Thanks given for this post:

Citizen X (18-Nov-13)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I am only able to resolve this matter after about 12 beers....I'll have to wait till then to respond (if I remember...and I am still standing)

Thanks
    A little "Philosophy wax" as it were
    Today Defines Tomorrow

5. Thank given for this post:

Citizen X (18-Nov-13), pmbguy (09-May-13)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    "Does the Universe have an end?"
    Simple answer; No. That's why its the Universe
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    The definition of "the universe" is problematic. We see certain things through science and this becomes our understanding and reality of what this "universe" is. At any point in history humans think they are the shit, but time always proofs them necessary fools.

To answer the question of whether the universe ends I have to partly separate from the "known" and speculate

I think of space as exactly that, space with things in it. one of those things is our own universe. With many more. We only view the universe from our location in this bigger space. So I view “the end” as the end of everything our universe and space maximum.
    Where something ends like the universe as we see it, surely there is something beyond that. There are no enclosed walls out there. If there are enclosed walls they are simply walls with an outside space. So space has no end and it has things in it................................................ .................................................. ....................................Ok, then we get to the end of the of the end of the border.......still space beyond that with cosmic dice rolling infinitely
    Now if space does not end it means that anything and everything is out there. All conceivable stuff exists somewhere. Many universes, let’s call it the infinite universe community. I view infinity regarding this matter as meaning “forever everything”. Because space does not end Its like rolling an infinite number of dice and creating infinite combinations of anything and everything.
    Space/universe is infinitely old and infinitely new. It is both infinitely small and infinitely big. Never mind the layering aspect.

In conclusion
    It, the “Universe/space” has no end
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I am only able to resolve this matter after about 12 beers....I'll have to wait till then to respond (if I remember...and I am still standing)
    Get your PA to assist at such times

Dave, thanks for the thread
    I kinda meant a complex yet solvable riddle, I dont think the other question will ever be solved
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    Get your PA to assist at such times

Dave, thanks for the thread
    I kinda meant a complex yet solvable riddle, I dont think the other question will ever be solved
    Well, we can have solvable riddles that will challenge you to your limits, and then we have unsolvable riddles, that take you beyond into the realm of the unknown, where you are alone. In this realm there is nobody to give guidance or to influence your choices, your reality becomes exactly that, "your" reality, free from any other influence.

But here's a simple riddle that is solvable, have fun. (No cheating, the answer has already been published on the internet).

EINSTEIN’S RIDDLE

This is solvable…, I swear!
    1) There are 5 houses in 5 different colours. In each house lives a person with a different nationality.
    2) The 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet.
    3) No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same beverage
    The question is “Who owns the fish?”
    Facts:

The Brit lives in the red house.
    The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
    The Dane drinks tea.
    The green house is on the left of the white house.
    The green house’s owner drinks coffee.
    The person who smokes ‘Pall Mall’ rears birds.
    The owner of the yellow house smokes ‘Dunhill’.
    The man living in the centre house drinks milk.
    The Norwegian lives in the first house.
    The man who smokes ‘Blends’ lives next to the one who keeps cats.
    The man who keeps the horse lives next to the man who smokes ‘Dunhill’.
    The owner who smokes ‘Bluemasters’ drinks beer.
    The German smokes ‘Prince’.
    The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
    The man who smokes ‘Blends’ has a neighbour whodrinks water.

Einstein wrote this riddle last century. He said 98% of the world could not solve it (would give up).

It can be done! Be part of the 2% that COULD.
    Last edited by Dave S; 09-May-13 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Typos
    Today Defines Tomorrow

Thanks
    the one that smokes but not the german

Thanks
    Now I just feel stupid

Thanks
    It is the german, he ownes the house

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast