Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons to be Happy in SA :)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Watched the sunset at Camps Bay yesterday while indulging in sushi and good wine. Saw a whale at Hermanus and did the 3 passes route via Villiersdorp and Franschoek where we had tea & scones at the Huguenot monument. Weather was perfect and we could not have asked for more to view the majestic mountains and vistas.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    To be happy in this country you have to be a frog....(in boiling water)

There are many nice things and many not so nice things, I think that one should keep an eye on both sides...

@Blurock - Cape Town ROCKS~!

Thanks
    Cape town is beautiful, I like the mountain and Kommetjie side

I love the wild coast. Msikaba, mboji, le Plat (waterfall into the sea), port st Johns, coffee bay, whole in the wall+++++++. Some of the most Beautiful places I have ever seen...

Adrian, did you laugh over the bergie joke?
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Suspended
    Thanks
    Capetown is awesome, quite a diverse culture. Something for everyone. We love being able to walk on the Seapoint promenade anytime at night after after a hard days work, dinner at a nice Restuarant.

HAte having to come ack to Jhb, but really enjoy our time down there and are fortunate to be able to work from both cities.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I myself have never seen the Cape or Durban or any other holiday destination. Normally if I go anywhere it is work related. We don't get time to play really. I would imagine if one has the money then the world must be a less boring place.

But I have hoped to touch the sea one-day or gaze at it's vastness they say it is incredible. I do have memories of the sea back in 1980's but I cannot remember much of that time. I have a few photos but no real memories.

I never saw the big five... so they will probably be dead long before I will ever get a chance to see them. Again they say the sight is breathtaking. I suppose so...

See this what you get if you work your whole life to get ahead but in the end you are always behind. I never had the time to start a family of my own, never had the time to fall in love or even experience a smile. It is just always have been 4 walls a computer or a industrial site with no windows.

The kindest face I got to see is a picture or the like. Upon my final fall I discovered how much I missed out on and how much time I have lost. Why? To please an employer a customer or a friend. I never had time to simply live.

So I am happy for those who got ahead in the world, happy that your blessings allowed you to have so many great memories and that you get to see so such wonders this world have to give.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @pmbguy - naai ou broer, ik het iers gecheck of sy al daai voortanne het voor ek haar by die duer ingelaat het. Ik het gevra hin die interview of innigeiemand inne haar family n corolla, taz of n honda civic ry, of sy haar goue tanne in haar handsak hou. Sy se toe naai my larney, ons is nie vannie die kjape flats nie, ons ry n cresidda en onsse valse tanne hulle issie goud of chrome nie, hulle is sommer wit van my uncle met die Mica store se dulux enamel. Ekke het haar toe sommer net daar gehire want sy was net so bietjie off-white, like egshell white djy wiet! enne sy het ok sommer sooo n lyfie aan haar wat sal maak dat gatiep sy electric eel sal peg in die sea sand as hy vanne die skuit af klim na n wiek by die sea!

Let me tell you, that you lady rocks....I just love having her around...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Tec0 - say after me - 'I am the master of my own destiny' - nobody forces you to do anything, you choose your life. There are simply too many people who attained happiness and contentment from misery to believe that it is simply God's will that you have a k@k life.

You life is k@k because you believe it to be so. You need to learn that happiness is not something out there that you will attain one day, no, it is something within yourself that has nothing to do whatsoever with your circumstance in life. This is what happiness is in simple terms; being thankfull for what you have, accepting hardship as oppertunities to learn and accepting the good things that come your way with grace and humility.

Whinging and whining serves no other purpose than to annoy those around you - most people avoid negative people like the plague.

8. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (15-May-13), HR Solutions (13-May-13)

Suspended
    Thanks
    tec I'm afraid it is exactly like Adrian has put it. You are the master of your own destiny ! From your postings it sounds as if you around 23-28 years old, live in the North west Province, or probably a small town in Mpumalanga somewhere, so you don't get to see the big city lights very often. But you do need to make it happen yourself. If a person says they cant then they have to accept wherever you are on the life ladder. And we all cant be Bill Gates, but we certainly will fit in somewhere in the ladder. One cannot either say that they are stuck in a job. Everyone has the opportunity to improve themselves (and money is NOT a reason to not study) and neither is age a reason to not study ! We see many a candidate here that has no transport and no money, but walks for miles and finds the means to study. Adrian is also right when he says that people do not want to be around negative people any more. There is absolutely NO reason to whine. Make it happen, take time off to make it happen, study further if that is what is needed. It is NOT your employers fault if you do not make it happen and neither is "time" the reason why you cannot further yourself. Those are merely excuses to not make it happen and then subsequently for people to whinge about it.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    One thing I am looking forward to while in the Cape is meeting adrianh in person even if I have to make a detour

Thanks
    Gatiep...tsy gat so jags wies, tsy gat nie wiet wies ma, of wies pa nie. Ma ja, ekke stem sterk saam, altyd lekker virri fluff da, somme by lani....awe ma se kinnis... awe!
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast