Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm so angry with a client

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It is easy to get aggressive and abusive when dealing with stupid, demanding clients who wants everything for nothing. The only problem is, without them we do not have a business.

Customer relations and goodwill is what businesses are built on. We sometimes have to swallow our pride and give the customer the benefit of the doubt. A satisfied customer will tell about 5 people about their experience with your business, but an unhappy customer will tell at least 15!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    A little compassion can go a long way to ensuring a client is happy, we also had something similar, but I was the client, today we are still in business together - over 25years later, and the deals made in this time have been in the 10's of millions
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

Thanks
    Now sell him a surge protection device to make up the shortfall!!!
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Ok, we have reached resolution regarding the matter. My client is happy. He came around.
    We are going to scrap his machine, I will sell him a new one for just above cost.
    Wynn, definitely a surge protector, I have convinced him to try protect all his machines.

Client happy, me happy
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

5. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (04-May-13)

Thanks
    Nice ending to what could have been a disaster had it been handled wrongly! Well done!

7. Thanks given for this post:

pmbguy (02-May-13)

Thanks
    Well done - in both stating your case, as well as finding a fair solution. Win-win.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    Ok, we have reached resolution regarding the matter. My client is happy. He came around.
    We are going to scrap his machine, I will sell him a new one for just above cost.
    Wynn, definitely a surge protector, I have convinced him to try protect all his machines.

Client happy, me happy
    ...and he will be a client for life, because you have unlocked that magical ingredient in business; Trust!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    I generally attack first and apologise later. Most unpleasant people drive BMW's and are brought up in big cities where attitude is second nature. So this is something they more often than not, understand. However I am not a particularly successful businessman and I may well be wrong.

Thanks
    My friend, maybe the reason that you, as you put it, are not a particularly successful businessman, is because of your approach/attitude. In business, as an Engineer, I have to deal with some difficult clients. But I have learned that having a bad attitude chases people, customers, friends - in fact everyone away! So many times in my working life I have not always been at my best with unpleasant people (to my detriment) But if you want to retain a clients' loyalty, make him feel special. No matter how much of an ar$ehole he appears to be. It's not what you say to someone that they will always remember, but believe you me, they will forever remember how you made them FEEL!

Thanks
    I am not successful because I dislike dull and unimaginative people with unreasonable expectations. Consumers led to believe that I will do anything for a quick buck. The sort that shop at McDonalds, Woolworths and Facebook. That is why I choose not to be successful.

But I do believe that honesty, integrity and service are what builds a business and if this means taking an unreasonable client head on, it is wrong to back pedal and cringe when they bark. This does not necessarily mean you have to behave in the same manner . To the contrary you need to convince them that they are mistaken and that you have a solution for them. But it is important to let them know that you are prepared to go so far and no further.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast