Quote Originally Posted by workshop View Post
Vanash I am being sued for defamation and out of principle have decided not to engage an attorney. I want to feel what it's like to be be victimised. I am also a bit tight on cash. Whatever! Having received a notice to plea I approached the Clerk of the Court who giggled whilst she told me "she can tell me nothing" and all because she is just a clerk.

I then asked her "What do most people do in this sort of situation" and she didn't answer. She just giggled some more.
Vanash have started a new thread so as not to take this one off topic

I submitted my plea to defend
What happens next?

I have been served with a Notice to deliver schedule of documents in terms of:
Rule 23(1)
Rule 23(3)
and Rule 23(4)

And whilst I am sure I am missing the obvious
It would appear that the Plaintiff's attorneys might have got their wires crossed
In that the notice reads:

Be pleased to take notice that Defendant (that's me ????) hereby requires Plaintiff (that's him) within TEN (10) days after receiving this Notice, to deliver a schedule specifying the books and documents in Plaintiff's possession or under Plaintiff's control relating to the action, which Plaintiff intends to use at the above trial, or which tend to prove or disprove either paties case.

Sub section 3 and 4 are much the same or though slightly different in that the Plaintiff is required to present the documents at the Plaintiff's attorney's office and to the Court at the trial of this action.

So that is the first question: What does that all mean?

Besides that what confuses me is the fact that the Plaintiff's attorney is serving notices on me requiring them to Take Note. Have they used the wrong form or are they prodding me to do something I am supposed to do?