First of all, you have to know that it is normal to get angry as long as you have every reason to be. If you get mad all the time even in the tiniest of things, then you really need some help. You can start by acknowledging that you have an issue with not being able to control your anger. Below are the simple and easy steps that you can make to help you manage that anger.
1. Know the real reason for your Anger. If you are mad at someone, know the real reason why you are mad at the person. If you know the real reason for your anger, it would then be easy for you to figure out how to deal with it.
2. Take a stride. You can avoid a heated argument if you just excuse yourself for a while and take a long walk somewhere. Before you would even try to say anything unpleasant to someone because of your anger, go to a place where you can cool down your thoughts and your head.
3. Write about your ire. Sometimes writing about it, even by just merely pounding the keys on your computer or writing it down in pen and paper, will relieve you of your anger. If you can't help being angry, then write all your frustrations down. Read it over and over until you are tired of staying angry.
4. Try the shower remedy. Taking a refreshing bath will help you cool it down. Don't forget to put on your best clothes and a dab of cologne or perfume.
5. Look at yourself in the mirror and talk to yourself at the back of your mind. Would you allow that face to stay mad and get all wrinkled? Certainly not!
6. Counter anger with happiness. Read a handful of jokes. Eat bananas. They say banana is a happiness fruit. Happiness can counter anger. You can't stay angry when you are happy.
7. Talk to the person concerned when you are ready. When you think you are ready to have a less than angry conversation, then go ahead and approach the person. Tell him or her how upset you had been for what he or she has said or done. Let him or her be aware of the things that angered you. The person may or may not apologize to you for it; however, the most important thing is to get out of that angry mode.
So, as a lesson in anger management--don't allow anger to control you because you have the power to control your anger. Don't take your anger to a higher level. Being angry wouldn't do you any good. It's not healthy to stay mad for long. So, go do yourself that favor. Do everything you can to get out of that unhealthy and unpleasant angry situation. When anger strikes you, you shouldn't hit back.