Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Life Exsists...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanash Naick View Post

1. Order: I have a question or 2 on order! Please set me in the right direction. I would like to paint a picture of a printing shop which has several printing machines, tons of paper, and tons of ink and many freshly printed books. Does the following reasoning have merit? I plant an explosive in this printing shop and the end result of such explosive is a freshly bound unabridged English Dictionary in perfect condition and naturally from A-Z. Can order result from this equation? Order from an explosion!
    2. Is my reasoning sound?
    3. If not, then please answer me this: How is it possible that perfect order in terms of life, our universe, our sun and moon and stars and our Earth be the end result of a very large explosion called the big bang?

I love your reply, your explosion example shows that you are venturing into the "unknown" and that is exactly what the idea is, to think univesally. Life as we perceve it has limits, but a universe does not, or does it, we just don't know yet. My question would not be whether order can be created by chaos, but if we assume life as we know it to be the only form of life, then the question has to be, where did the soul come from? Is it possible to mix up a bunch of chemicals and get conscious thought?
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

Thanks
    Many has been the time that a CEO has asked that his staff must "think outside the box" and I'm sure many of us has used the same phrase, my answer to this would be, why do you limit your staff so severely? Whether you think inside a box or outside a box, you are still seeing a box are you not? Therefore you are setting parameters on your own brain, you are creating limits to your own thought processes. The idea of this little conundrum "can life exsist without previously exsisting" requires you to think universally and beyond, it does not define "life", nor does it define "existing". Yes these are both defined in the Oxford English Dictionary, but this dictionary is a parameter!

If all CEO's and Politicians were to excersise the mind in this way, soon you would not even know if a box exsisted or not, because the parameters would become infinite...
    Today Defines Tomorrow

Thanks
    PS Be warned, I'm sure some people have become insane by these brain exercises, you will know when you have ventured beyond your own parameters!
    Today Defines Tomorrow

Thanks
    It is not easy to think in terms of life other than our definitions and understanding of it. If there is life somewhere in space and we come across it we may not even know we found life.

We could be inside and part of a huge green space creature, same as bacteria in us, for all we know.

The universal concept of “life” falls outside our human comprehension of it. By “universal concept” I mean the reality/truth of all “life”.

The question of whether life can exist without previously existing is problematic. The very concept of life is unclear to say the least.

I like where you took this Dave S. Thinking about life and the universe forces us to think broadly and deeply. This type of thinking opens our minds to new possibilities, and transcends all aspects of life, including business, politics.............
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave S View Post

"Creationism": God created everything from nothing (basically speaking)
    "Evolution: Everything came into being as a process starting with the "Big Bang" (basically speaking)
    Could be that GOD created evolution, but creationist only start looking at his creation from the point that man becomes aware. The problem of creationist is that they tend to define GOD in their image, mistaking a verse from the bible that says GOD made man in his image. Scientist at present are chasing what is know as the GOD particle so in a sense coming into line with creationism. The sum of all God particles this unknown field of energy=GODHEAD. So I guess my thoughts on the subject is that there is no separation between evolution and creationism, it is man that chooses to see them as separate theories of being. If man can believe that GOD created everything, why cant they believe that he created the BIG BANG

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    It is not easy to think in terms of life other than our definitions and understanding of it. If there is life somewhere in space and we come across it we may not even know we found life.

Exactly, you are starting to find your own limits, our inability to consider a form of life that is dissimilar to our own life is very hard to grasp. It may interest you to know that this question was posed to MENSA about 18 years ago, and is still hotly debated to this day...
    Today Defines Tomorrow

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vieome View Post
    If man can believe that GOD created everything, why cant they believe that he created the BIG BANG
    Exactly
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vieome View Post
    Could be that GOD created evolution, but creationist only start looking at his creation from the point that man becomes aware.
    I'm loving it... Creationism only looks at biblical accounts, what of accounts that were before that time? Surely, before anything was recorded in biblical accounts. And yes.. God may have created the Big Bang as the scientist sees it!
    Today Defines Tomorrow

Thanks
    According to Oxford Life is - the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.

Thanks
    (I think you probably just posting the def for reference, thanks)

A dictionary definition of life is our human/planet earth definition of life. And it is appropriate for questions concerning life here on earth and possibly life we may find else ware that resembles some aspect of life on earth.

But, we cannot assume that other, non earth, life bears any resemblance to life as we know it.

The conditions on this planet lead to a specific type(‘s) of life. Other planets have their own specific and different conditions, therefore creating very different forms of life, which we may not recognise.

I can take this even further and say that it is possible that there is life out there not dependant on a planet.

The possibilities are endless.......

Perhaps our definition of life in the future may include life that was in front of us all the time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast