Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FNB and Standard Bank

Thanks

FNB and Standard Bank

Morning everyone,

I'm looking at adding a second account to the business with either FNB or Standard Bank but would like to get your opinion on the service from the bank and the staff as well as their fees. I've started a online application with FNB as I just don't get time to visit the branches due to the amount of work that's coming in to the business but it seems their system is flawed as applications don't reach them.

Any recommendations and experiences that sets either of the two apart would be appreciated as the current business account is ran by Nedbank.
    For all your I.T. Support in Cape Town contact Dynamic Support.

"You must be the change you want to see in the world. ~ Mahatma Gandhi"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    From my experience, FNB rates and service will outstrip Standard.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

3. Thanks given for this post:

Cpt Chaos (23-Mar-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have no complaints about the service from Standard Bank - but their business banking costs quite a bit more than with FNB by the looks of things.

5. Thanks given for this post:

Nickolai Naydenov (03-Apr-13)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    When I did compare prices, FNB did seem best out the big 4. I use them for all depositing cash, as they charge around 0.68% at some of their ATM's. Then I use capitec for debt orders ( I already had capitec merchant terminals), as they are by far the cheapest for transfers and debt orders (R1.50 and R3)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Just becareful of the hidden cost with FNB, like the R50 you pay if you call their help line and request assistance.

8. Thanks given for this post:

Nickolai Naydenov (03-Apr-13)

Thanks
    I bank with both - Standard for years, and FNB last 6 months.

They impress me - once you get through the systems to open the accounts!

Silver Member
    Thanks
    I've only known Nedbank,+ 30 years. Stuck with them but now need to change & was actually contemplating ABSA, more especially in order to make real time payments (meaning instant). Anybody here would advise with experiences with Absa. thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    FNB is far cheaper than Standard Bank. Their online banking is excellent and service is on par or better than other banks.

I have heard several clients complain about the time it takes to get things done at a branch. One thing to remember is that branches are for individuals, businesses deal with the business banking division. Phone in advance and make an appointment to save time sitting in a queue. Get organised and prepare for the meeting with all the necessary documents, ID etc and you should not have any problems.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

12. Thanks given for this post:

Cpt Chaos (23-Mar-13)

Thanks
    Thanks for all the opinions guys. I have to agree that with almost any bank you need to make sure you've got a appointment with one of the business bankers ahead of time. The one thing I can say where I'm impressed with Nedbank is that even though the branch I bank at is always busy I can normally expect to see one of the business bankers within 10 - 15min which is quite nice.

For me the reason I'm probably looking at FNB is to cut banking costs as with any other business while having a second payment "portal" for my clients seeing as funds needs to be cleared before we ship stock.

Once one of the FNB bankers gets back to me to finalize my account application that was processed online I'll let you know what my thoughts of the service is.

Flaker in all honesty a year or three back one of the companies I worked for moved from ABSA as they where nailing them quite badly on bank charges but by the sounds of it they have upped their game plan. I think the other banks also started offering instant payments I do know Nedbank had it for a while and then removed the feature which is a let down. Sorry I can't be of more help but I'm sure one of the others can give you some insight on your side of banking needs ;-)

14. Thanks given for this post:

flaker (23-Mar-13)

Thanks
    OK after FNB had their service outage on Tuesday I decided to give them a call Wednesday morning to find out what has happened to my online application for their Gold Cheque Acc as its been almost a week without any feedback. At first the call centre had me worried as non of the initial guys really knew why they belong in the call centre and not being skilled to assist.

Finally got through to the Business division and things changed around. I got assistance from a friendly support staff member that ran through my profile as their online service has had issues. After a 35min telephonic discussion I had gone through the whole application process and the documents where ready to be opened. All I had to do is print out the documents, sign them and send it back. My cards etc is being delivered in the coming week and should be operational by end of the week.

For me its been a pleasure to open the account as I don't have time to go to the bank sit there and waste time. So for now I'm a happy client lets see what the future holds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast