Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WCC Annual Assesment

Thanks
    We have an e-mail from Ella Ntshabele - Director Income - dated 8 February advising us that the deadline would be 30 April 2013. No official notification on the website, newspapers etc though...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Thanks for the very useful information you have given so far, Johan. It is much appreciated (particularly as I'm about to tackle my annual returns for this myself).

Just to double check, is the deadline definitely 30th April?
    (I had it in my mind that it would have been end of March for some reason).
    Hi Dave - yes it was end of March and has now been extended. What's more - they are now offering a discount for early payment.

I received this info from Pastel Payroll:

The Director-General of Labour has also granted certain incentives to motivate employers to submit online and make payment within 90 days.

Employers who submit online and pay within 30 days will receive a 10% discount on their assessment value. Employers who pay within 60 or 9o days will receive a 5% or 2% discount respectively. These discounts will only become effective 01 April 2013 and applies to the 2012/2013 returns only. Interest and penalties calculated for forms submitted online will not be raised before 30 June 2013.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

3. Thank given for this post:

Christel (13-Mar-13), Dave A (13-Mar-13)

Thanks
    Our company administers the WCA obligations of various employers and we had a handfull of exactly your problem. What happened is that the "old system" number allocated to your entity was not converted to the new "99" number upon rollover from the old to the new system. You were probably assessed after 1 October 2011 when the old system was no longer identifying assessments raised and on the new system you have no number, thus the assessment also are "in limbo". It could even be that no assessment was raised as well.
    Thanks Johan99, your feedback has been very helpful

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    These discounts will only become effective 01 April 2013 and applies to the 2012/2013 returns only.
    Sounds like I should wait until April to file the return online, then.

Thanks
    Dave,

The remarks from Mike C is spot on. After we received this information we raised a few questions regarding the practical inplications thereof and also copied their acting CFO Mr Leshnick on this mail. To date we have received no official reply in spite of reminders being sent - it isnow more than a month from my initial e-mail.

Here are a few of the questions :

A) Does the employer only pay 90% of the assessment raised or B) Would a 10% credit be passed on the account - as with the rebate system or C) would the employer pay the full amount and the discount refunded to them?

Also, no penalties would be imposed before 1 July, but the 2% discount would be for the period 60 to 90 days. Last day for submission is 30 April and assume payment is made on 15 July - thus 10% penalty for late payment but 2% discount for early payment?

Our information states " ...These incentives have been granted by the Director-General of Labour and are applicable for the 2013/2014 year..." There is a lot of confusion regarding "years" as the 2012 return per the Compensation Commissioner is for the year 1 March 2012 to 28 February 2013. What period exactly is the 2013/2014 year? The Payroll administrators - that received the same communication as we did - interpreted this as being the current year. Their interpretation is supported by an electronic billboard one block from the Commissioner's office that relayed exactly this message regarding the discounts for early payment from this morning.

We received another communication that the incentives would only be applied from 1 April - thus your thought to submit after 1 April has merit. BUT employers that are even more pro-active and have submitted since 1 March to date are now excluded??

A second flash proclaims amnesty on penalties for the previous four years ROE submissions - provided you submit on-line. Penalties would only be imposed from 1 July 2013. What about submissions already received by the Commissioner but not yet assessed?

At my last check, there is no official notice regarding the above on their website.

More questions than answers unfortunately, but I will post information as it becomes available.

7. Thank given for this post:

Christel (19-Mar-13), Dave A (14-Mar-13), Mike C (13-Mar-13)

Thanks
    Hi Johan

Need a company that can provide assist me in obtaining Letter of Good Standing for a client. Tried sending you a private message, not sure if you received it or not. My email address is elijah.tax@gmail.com. Would appreciate you contacting me if you are able to provide this service.

Thanks
    Hi Elijah,

We would gladly assist. - I am sending you an e-mail.

Thanks
    Here is the ad that the Commissioner will run.
    Attached Files Attached Files

11. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (19-Mar-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    In respect of that amnesty on previous years returns, I wonder what the position is for returns that have been submitted but simply not processed by WCC yet?

I've got a few that have been submitted on time via the snail mail route, but have not been assessed yet.
    Can we resubmit them online?
    Does the online service even cater for prior periods?

Thanks
    Hi Dave, Yes you can submit online those years that have not been assessed yet. You will see it will default to the last year that is still "un-assessed" per their records. You will also not be allowed to submit a current ROE if the prior periods have not been assessed...
    always fear when Christel is near....

14. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (19-Mar-13)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast