I have a little holiday house in Limpopo province, and ever since it was built, some 7 years now, when ever we have a shower, most times, while showering, we get a tingling feeling when we adjust the taps to get the temperature right. When there is no water we do not feel the tingling feeling in our hands, only once the water runs. At first I thought that there may be a faulty element, and I have switched the geyser circuit breaker off, but still get the sensation when adjusting the taps. Now it is not a jolt or anything like that, but have the feeling or presence that there is some small electrical current flowing.

The whole plumbing system is made of copper pipe, and I have checked, that the copper pipe at the geyser is earthed. I have not been able to check that the earth of the geyser is earthed at the DB box, my meter leads are not long enough to go from the roof to the DB box .

I have checked with an ohm meter, and there is continuity between the taps and shower head, between the shower taps and basin taps. I have tried measuring the voltage between the taps and shower when water is flowing, between the taps and the water on the floor when the shower is pouring water, and was not able to measure AC or DC voltage at all. I have noted that at the meter box on the pole, that the earth is connected to the Neutral.

Can some one shed some light for the reason that this may be happening, and what I can check. There is an earth leakage in the board, and if I press the test button, it does trip.

I am a little concern every time my family or I have a shower, that it may get progressively worse, but to date it has not.

What can I check, do or whatever to stop tingling from happening.