I worked for Vodacom from 14 November 211 and resigned a week later. I served a week's notice and left by mutual consent, having gone through a proper exit process and signed back all Vodacom property.

Although I was well within my rights to resign, it seems someone at Vodacom was pissed off about it. A year later on 27 November 2012, I checked my profile on ITC and found Vodacom listing for a default for R2683. I inquired with their legal department and I was told I had a top-up contract that I still owed and it was handed over to a company called Jacobs Banard and Associates. After numerous calls to JBA and Vodacom HR to try and get to the bottom of this, I was eventually told the amount was an overpayment on my salary when I left Vodacom.

Before I go to the media to expose this Vodacom brand for what it really is, can you please advice me on the following:

1) Can Vodacom blacklist me on ITC for this kind of issue, which is far from a consumer credit issue?
2) Clearly in this case Vodacom didn't follow the correct procedure for blacklist as this could've been resolved even before it went to ITC. I never received any notice of any liability or impending blacklist. section 70 NCA
3) Is this a matter for ITC/CCMA