Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: eToll Letter to Zuma

Thanks
    Dave
    Catch the Gautrain to Hatfeild and a bus to CSIR. The gautrain is worldclass.
    From what I understand the car rental companies have etags already, just how they know what tolls you owe? Will etolls be real time?
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CLIVE-TRIANGLE View Post
    He doesn't read....
    Can't read?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    From the beginning I saw that they will force this onto South Africans. It is just to much money... There is no way in hell that they will say "ok scrap the system" The reality is if you control the roads of a Nation you control the Nation. Without roads you cannot transport goods. Without goods and more importantly FOOD and MEDICATION you will not survive.

We already have to deal with import tax, tax on goods, high fuel cost, and virtually no jobs. How do they expect someone to live if you are no longer "FREE" to use the road of this country?

South Africa cannot grow because the power-stations cannot deliver power, imagine now we live in a world where there is NO POWER, and it is happening. and now imagine that you have no access to FOOD or MEDICATION due to high cost?

Right now 1% of South Africa has "Real employment" what do you think will happen with this system? 0.8% 0.6%? Where do you draw the line?
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    Dave
    From what I understand the car rental companies have etags already, just how they know what tolls you owe? Will etolls be real time?
    They probably use a prepaid tag. Customer tops up before trip
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    But how's the bus service?

I take the Gautrain fairly regularly from ORT to Centurion (and back). The problem from there is I have to get to Clubview, which means someone has to pick me up (take time out of their day). I've seen taxis, but I haven't seen much sign of busses running to and fro. Add up the premium for using the Gautrain ORT stop and what those taxis charge, it's already marginal as to which is cheaper, fly and hire vs fly and use Gautrain / public transport.

The moment there's two people sharing the hire car, going the hire car route becomes a no-brainer on a cost level.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    ...The moment there's two people sharing the hire car, going the hire car route becomes a no-brainer on a cost level.
    Not to mention the fact that you aren't putting your life in someone else's hands, and you have the convenience of being able to go where you are headed, and in a shorter timespan.
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    But how's the bus service?
    You should check the hours I know it does not operate on weekends or when it hits the workers favourite pastime of striking.
    The ORT rates on Gautrain are ridiculous as you have proved with the breakeven on car hire.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    You should check the hours I know it does not operate on weekends or when it hits the workers favourite pastime of striking.
    The ORT rates on Gautrain are ridiculous as you have proved with the breakeven on car hire.
    Ian, as Dave said, he only gave the CSIR trip as an example. What does one do if your destination is no where near the Gautrain, even though both the train and the e-toll highway are relatively close together; in other words, in a suburb that requires you to take a bus after getting off the train (which may not be running at that time or if it is, not going to your destination). Must one look for a taxi to complete the rest of the journey? And when you want to go home, do all the above-mentioned in reverse order? Every day? And at what cost?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    And there you go....

peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Try & find a reliable form of public transport anywhere between Jukskei Park, Johannesburg North all the way to Sundowner the either goes to Sandton or Johannesburg. ( I don't consider the death trap taxis a reliable form of public transport).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast