Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engen

Thanks
    This reminds me of the whole Woolworths saga recently. Everybody got really mad at them for their so-called blatant racism in appointing blacks only. The reality is that all employers are subject to the same rules. Woolworths probably just used the wrong wording in their advert.

It seems many non-blacks have probably reached somewhat of a saturation point with all the BEE, affirmative action etc etc. It's a tough one to call. One should also be level-headed enough to acknowledge that we obviously haven't reached a point of equilibrium (wealth, living standards etc) between the racial groupings yet. Regardless of what side of the fence you're on, these huge gaps are never healthy for any society. If you're a Have-not with very few prospects, it 's easy to look at the Haves and think, "Hey, I also want that!"

As an aside, wouldn't it be fantastic if pure ability could be the only measure?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DeonT View Post
    As an aside, wouldn't it be fantastic if pure ability could be the only measure?
    Would that not create a climate, where everyone got off their bloody arses, and actually started doing something about their situation.
    I got to where I am today due to sheer hard work, nothing was given to me.

I do say that whilst an opportunity was given to me, I had to prove myself worthy of it, and worked to get it. It was not given to me like many people think.
    I must thank my parents for doing their utmost to give me my greatest gift - education. I used education to get ahead, and continue daily learning new things every day, so that I can do better than the competition.
    People say that I am lucky. Yeah right.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.