Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check registered person

Email problem
    Thanks

Question Check registered person

Hi guys, I'm new on the forum and was wondering
    How can I check if an Installation Electrician's registration is valid?

Email problem
    Thanks
    Ask for proof of 2012 ECB registration

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    There are 2 types of registratation

1. Registered person...the person would have a registration number 00123, a registered person "must" carry his card (or a certified copy)on him at all times, in fact i have just checked with the ECA, any person, elconop 1 and higher grading is issued with a card, which has a photo of the person, which they "must" be able to produce while work on a job site if requested.

2. electrical contrator registration...is the company registration with the DOL and this number will look something like this 023 NTL/M (ntl = natal and the M being his grade, eg. master installation electrician that why it has an M at the end)

Thanks

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Now i am confused, i just checked my company, registered on the 28/08/2012 and expiry date is the 31/12/2011, so typical cant even get the dates right, no wonder this industry is in the state it is. By the way that doesnt indicate if the "person" is registered as an installation electrician, only that a company with a registered person employed is registered.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Thank you Sparks, will I be able to check the validity of an individuals credentials on the website, or is this just for electrical contracting companies?
    I can ask for the guy's "card", but is his registration still valid?

Thanks
    Sorry guys, I forgot DOL have taken over. The data is not up to date anymore. I ran mine as well and despite being paid up till next year it says mine has expired. Hopefully they will do something about getting it up to date. At least it still indicates whether a company is registered and who the accredited person is with his accreditation certificate(Registration) number.
    The accredited electrician is supposed to have his card on his person at all times. Just ask for it. It looks like a drivers licence but is issued by DOL with their emblem on the back. If your contractor cannot produce one with his own photo, chase him away. It is illegal, because of the danger, to have anyone other than an accredited electrician work on an installation unless done under his supervision.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    I ran mine as well and despite being paid up till next year it says mine has expired.
    Did you search by your registration number or by registered contractor name?

We've got two registrations listed against our company as a result of all the registration number system changes. One shows our correct expiry date and the other "has expired". You may be hitting the wrong listing.

Thanks

Attorneys looking for correct contact details- DOL registered persons woes

Afternoon All

I have been following this thread and I am currently assisting a client in going the legal route of getting his himself registered, because the department is dragging feet. Our offices have sent correspondence to numerous of e-mail addresses and registered post, however, not one response. The DOL is dragging feet. Is there anybody that can provide our offices with relevant email addresses or contact details, so that we can find the correct individuals?

Abrie Landman

Abrie Landman Inc

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    EEEISH, I would be looking for a new attorney

Quote Originally Posted by Abrie View Post
    Afternoon All

I have been following this thread and I am currently assisting a client in going the legal route of getting his himself registered, because the department is dragging feet. Our offices have sent correspondence to numerous of e-mail addresses and registered post, however, not one response. The DOL is dragging feet. Is there anybody that can provide our offices with relevant email addresses or contact details, so that we can find the correct individuals?

Abrie Landman

Abrie Landman Inc
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast