Thought I would put my business insurance to the test, had it for 7 years and never put in a claim yet, the reason, after all the kak with my driveway, I have decided to see if they actually pay, lucky it is my R2000 camera and not my R100 000 thermal imaging camera. Normally a small thing like a R2000 camera, I would just buy a new one, but I want to test my business insurance to see what excuses they are gona come up with, and if I am not happy with the outcome, the next step will be to create my own insurance account, where all the money I am paying to insurance companies will go into a saving account instead. I have done some calculations and to date I have paid over R100 000 towards short term insurance and not put in a claim.

I have used this camera on site to take all my pics for about 7 years, I got back to the office, switched it on and boom the screen looks like it is cracked, I know the camera wasn’t dropped, there are no physical marks on the camera indicated it could have been knocked. I was just gona go get a new one, but after the driveway story, I decided to put in a claim instead. I contacted the insurance company and they have sent me a claim form. I then went to game to find out if I could have the camera repaired, they told me that Master Care repairs Sony cameras, but it would not be worth my while having it repaired, they gave me a quote for a replacement camera and headed down to Master Care.

That where it starts getting interesting, I ask the person behind the counter if they can repair the camera, I am told yes no problem, ok so how much to replace the screen, doesn’t know, so I ask R1000, R2000, or maybe R3000, they can’t give me an answer, I must first pay R120, then they will tell me, so I phone the insurance company and ask, do I replace the camera or repair it, they can’t answer me, they tell me I must leave the camera at master care to get a quote to repair, I tell them it is gona cost R120 for the quote, who is gona pay the R120, I must. Ok that’s it, enough bullsh!t, I take the camera to the insurance broker and drop it off, with the claim form for them to sort out, if they want it repaired they must take it and get a quote otherwise replace it, let’s see what happens.