Thread: SARS EFILING PROGRESS & POSSIBLE SOLUTION

Suspended
    Thanks

SARS EFILING PROGRESS & POSSIBLE SOLUTION

Hi Mike, Dave

Thanks for your assistance. I tried reinstalling a few times with the same result, but today i decided to start the easyfile in safe mode with networking and it worked. But thats just it, it still refuses to work in normal mode. I hope this gives some idea as to what the problem might be. I know that safe mode loads with default drivers and minimal services but what do I look for in normal mode to find the guilty driver, service or possibly a program thats preventing easyfile from loading properly.
    I await your response eagerly

Thanks
    Hi nirodh0 - I think that you were quite inventive (quite brilliant, in fact) to try safe mode with networking. That might well be a temporary solution for others who have to get their easyfile working urgently. What exactly makes it work in safe mode beats me. You may well be right about some of the drivers, but I would not know how to determine which one. Perhaps some of our more advanced IT people would have a suggestion or two?
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Frankly it's something that E@syfile's software developers need to resolve - and I would think you have given a useful clue to them as to where to look.

For us clients as users, we shouldn't have to be tinkering - it should simply work. At the end of the day my interest (and I expect Mike's too) is to help people find a way to wriggle around the problems the software seems to throw at times so that they can file their returns.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Hi Mike, Dave

You would not believe it but I solved the problem. I was right. I first opened up Task manager and went through every process on the processes tab and stopped them one at a time and started easyfile after I had stopped each process but no luck. I then moved over to the services tab and started stopping them one at a time and again started easyfile after stopping each service. And finally after stopping a service called TabletInput Service the easyfile software launched perfectly. But that was not the end of it because everytime I start the PC the service would start by default. So I went into Computer management by right clicking My Computer and selecting 'Manage'. Once in there I went to services, scrolled down to TabletInput Service and disabled it permanently. Problem solved!!!
    I hope this solution works for others as well. It was a long tedious process but the results were worth the effort. Hard work always pays off!

5. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (01-Nov-12), Mike C (02-Nov-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm impressed

Thanks
    Well done nirodh0! That's awesome. I really appreciate someone who takes the time to examine things bit by bit to find out what makes it work (or in this case made it not work). It can be very tedious ... but there is a certain undescribable satisfaction that one gets when uncovering the problem.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"