Thread: The other side of flashy websites....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Diamond Member
    Thanks

The other side of flashy websites....

So last night my laser splutters to a halt. I did some fault finding and it is clear that the power supply is shot. Ok, so I think, no problem, just pop onto the internet, find a South African supplier and purchase anew power supply and sommer a tube as well. I jump on the net and find six stunning websites, flashy, bells, whistles, yoyos and dingbats as well. Call them up one after the other. hmmm...it become clear very quickly that they most are p1$$willy little companies operated by Johnny and his dog...

This is the problem with marketing, people build these beautiful websites with flashy pictures (swiped off other websites) which look very impressive but when it comes right down to it it is all, as the saying goes "p1$$ and paint" because there is absolutely nothing behind the site, Johnny's maid answers the phone, the boss is at work, he may phone back, no we don't carry stock, it will only take 3 weeks from the supplier, you must pay up front...and and and...

The internet has created a shop window where anybody can make out as if they are somebody even though they are nobody that has nothing to offer.

I eventually found the parts that I need in Ermelo of all places...

2. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (01-Nov-12)