Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Debt

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @Pieksie - do you work full time?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    @Pieksie - do you work full time?
    Yes, I do. I was retrenched a few months ago but found other work in the same company. But my new salary now is a few thousand less.

I've looked for other work but other companies pay even less than I am getting now.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanash Naick View Post
    Pieksie,

I'm trying in earnest to rule out extinctive prescription( as if extinctive prescription applies , you won't be liable for the individual debt at all, you simply need to invoke extinctive prescription: I'll guide you practically step by step)
    For this to work a total of 3 uninterupted years had to have passed from the date of the last payment and you should have made no payments whatsoever in this period, no acknowledgement of debt should have been signed and this must not be a judgement debt!!!
    If not, then Adrian's advice was actually sound, I'll just add that in my opinion you should contact the National Credit Regulator and request that they refer you to a debt counsellor registered on their systems in your area...
    Thanks Vanash. No, I don't have debt that is that old! As for debt consolidation, this will be my last option if all else fails!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    You'll be surprised at the things you can do to make extra money. My wife sells SandArt which has a 100% markup. We lasercut MDF (hardboard) for a lady who uses the designs to create Mosiac kits for kids (She sold R 6,000 worth of kits last week). The kids just love to do Mosiacs. My wife sells stuff at the Ice Rink in Cape Town and she also sells stuff to the people who are into horse riding (picture frames, mirrors etc)

Let me tell you something, all you need is a bit of drive and you can make a fair bit of money on the side. The best is to find something that is fairly simple that appeals to mothers of young children (think about the things you would like)

We already have products that you could sell to those people. All that you would need to do is use a bit of paint and ribbon and you can start a nice little business.

5. Thanks given for this post:

pieksie (01-Nov-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pieksie View Post
    Yes, I do. I was retrenched a few months ago but found other work in the same company. But my new salary now is a few thousand less.

I've looked for other work but other companies pay even less than I am getting now.
    Working full time with small kiddies does not leave you much opportunity for a home industry type of sideline. Keep knocking on doors and look for opportunities, also with other institutions.

Do not be content with just doing the job you are doing now. The boss is unlikely to promote you or give you a raise unless you keep knocking on the door. Keep learning new skills. Make yourself indispensable. You do not have to acquire a formal degree etc but if you were a filing clerk 10 years ago and you are still a filing clerk there is something wrong. I am sure things will work out for you as you are not content with the status quo, but are looking to change your circumstances.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

7. Thanks given for this post:

pieksie (01-Nov-12)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12