Thread: CEO or MD?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

CEO or MD?

Now that we have Companies and no longer cc's, which title would you assume; MD or CEO?

Would you put your qualifications on your business card?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    I'm a worker bee, it's in my nature to serve not to lead! But since you've asked, CEO sounds nice on the tongue. No, I wouldn't put my qualifications on my card lest the front line staff have more qualifications than me!!!!
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

3. Thanks given for this post:

roryf (26-Oct-12)

Gold Member
    Thanks
    I'm not big on titles, but to me MD (Managing Director) is the director who is in largely in charge of daily operations and where ultimate responsability for any issues lies. He should be initmately involved in the running of the company and may be the only director. CEO (Chief executive officer) would IMHO refer to the most senior member on a board of directors, so would imply to me that its a bigger operation, with several directors. Otherwise roles and responsabilities are similar.

I also think MD is more a SA term with CEO more American in origin. Ultimately it doesn't really matter though.

If your qualifications are important for your clients, eg: Science or Engineering degrees when they are employing you for that role, then yes put them on. General business degrees such as BCom and MBA are not of specific interest to your clients so rather leave them off. Similarly, if you have a BSc Eng degree but you are selling T-shirt designs, then I see no point in having it there.

5. Thanks given for this post:

RobynME (29-Jan-13)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    How much information goes onto your business card. Some business cards are so cluttered that you can hardly make out who you are dealing with.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    How much information goes onto your business card. Some business cards are so cluttered that you can hardly make out who you are dealing with.
    A business card we just got, we didn't print it, had email, web address and phone number on one line. It is a struggle to read, so my tip is if you design your own business card print it out at the actual business card size and then proof it like that. If you want more information put it on the back.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.