Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stannic finance debacle

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smithers View Post
    Since January 2012 the bank had been deducting the monthly premium off the money paid into the settlement account
    I don't like the look of that. It hasn't been applied immediately against the capital?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I don't like the look of that. It hasn't been applied immediately against the capital?
    a statement i received in January 2012 shows money received, leaving a balance owed on the account. The amount paid was reduced monthly as per the monthly premium of the agreement.

every month there was the monthly premium taken off the money paid in from the sale of the vehicle.

I cant show any statements as i never received any from Stannic.

Thanks

Stannic update

Quick update on this debacle.

I received a text message from Stannic in 2014 telling me they have been trying to reach me at my old address in JHB. I have been living in Cape Town since 2011, weird. Further i requested the documents again for the new payment plan for the balance owed on the account, also requested the recalculation to provide me with settlement amount. 4 Months later i still have no information or updates. My attorney says don't even bother anymore as in 8 months this debt will Prescribe. I know i owe the debt, but to pay for a monthly amount for a R's value that is not reflecting the actual amount i should be paying (including all interest over the balance of the contract) this is not even being amended but the term remains the same, this is just bizarre.

I have never received a human phone call, Stannic only phone from an auto telephone number with a recording.

How does one get Stannic to implement the changes, send me the documents with a new payment plan? Surely they know they longer they take to resolve this, the less they would get?

Anyhow, job offer is waiting for me overseas, maybe i should just depart and forget and not look back. My pushing to get this resolved costs me money and does not seem to bring me any closer to a resolution.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12