Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wondering How bad it is in South Africa

Suspended
    Thanks

Wondering How bad it is in South Africa

I basically read this article and felt a lot of pity.
    http://frontpagemag.com/2012/daniel-greenfield/white-genocide-in-south-africa/

Bare in mind this is a guy from New York and from some foundation so I kinda believe him not to be that biased.
    White Genocide in South Africa

Posted by Daniel Greenfield Bio ↓ on Aug 28th, 2012 Comments ↓

Like Mugabe, white farmers and business owners are Zuma’s enemies. There is a new Apartheid now in South Africa; it is an apartheid where the oppressor and the oppressed have switched places and the bloodshed is constant. The country’s white Boers have been disarmed, purged from the economy and systematically murdered.

3,000 white farmers have been murdered in South Africa at four times the rate of rural black South Africans. These attacks have not been random, but part of an organized effort conducted by hit squads against the most vulnerable targets. At the same time there has been a significant increase in police shootings of unarmed white South Africans. “Today we are going to arrest a Boer,” has become a common chant among African officers of the South African Police Service. And the Boers often don’t survive the arrest.
    Then I searched vice magazine and saw this: http://www.vice.com/read/kommandokorps and kinda well dutch and german to me sound similar. Some of the pity went away.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/03/26/us-safrica-whites-idUSTRE62P0UJ20100326

Still felt bad because of this old article though lots of pictures and statistics that made me feel bad. It does seem a bit like a camp atmosphere though.
    This shift in racial hiring practices coupled with the fallout from the global financial crisis means many poor white South Africans have fallen on hard times.

At least 450,000 white South Africans, 10 percent of the total white population, live below the poverty line and 100,000 are struggling just to survive, according to civil organizations and largely white trade union Solidarity.

South Africa's population is about 50 million.

Many poor whites have ended up in places like Coronation Park, in Krugersdorp west of Johannesburg, a leafy former caravan site beside a water reservoir and a public picnic park frequented by middle-class families at weekends.

Ringed by yellow-brown hills of earth dug up by generations of gold miners, the park was used by the British as a concentration camp for Afrikaners during the Anglo-Boer war at the start of the 20th century.

Now it's home to some 400 white squatters living in cramped tents and caravans and sharing a single ablution block. Cats and dogs roam noisily through the camp, dodging heaps of rubbish, piles of scrap metal and abandoned car parts.
    Trade union Solidarity says there are around 430,000 whites who live in squatter camps. Around the capital Pretoria alone there are 80 squatter settlements. There are over 2,000 much larger black squatter camps across South Africa.

Formerly comfortable Afrikaners recently forced to live on the fringes of society see themselves as victims of "reverse-apartheid" that they say puts them at an even greater disadvantage than the millions of poor black South Africans.

"Blacks get more than whites at the moment. They're being pulled forward against us. That's why all of us are here. It's very unfair because they told us it was going to be equal, but it's not equal," said Boshoff.

This feeling of victimization and abandonment by the state has forged at the camp a collective sense of fatalism, isolation and firm reliance on their Calvinist religion. Each of the camp's ramshackle huts and tents is adorned with religious paraphernalia and an Afrikaans language bible.
    The pictures are really sad.
    I know poverty is bad everywhere on the globe but wandering a bit if the first article is true or not really, or not yet.

http://www.finbarr-oreilly.com/gallery/white-poverty/

Anyways its bad everywhere I assume.

Would any of these people go to another poor country? like Russia say the Far East(primorsky krai or khabarovsky krai) and work on farms or farm there? assuming they were farmers before and are somewhat skilled. Assuming they were allowed to go and whatnot. I don't think they would adapt not just to cold but corruption and whatnot but you never know would be interesting.

found a video of some moving to Georgia.
    Last edited by cyppok; 16-Sep-12 at 11:37 AM. Reason: found a video of some moving to Georgia

Thanks
    I would consider all the links you posted mildly extremist, to get a more rounded or overall view rather look at the local news sources such as http://www.news24.com/
    http://www.sowetanlive.co.za/
    On those sites you will find links to other sites as well and you should be able to draw a better conclusion
    As to the whites in squatter camps , there have been various attempts to help some of them but as was pointed out to me and I have seen for myself , there is a general apathy prevalent.The majority don't seem to want to work. (Watch me go down in flames for that statement)

3. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (16-Sep-12)

Thanks
    All South Africans must ket go of the past! We need to respect each other, celebrate our diversity. Yes, reverse racism and retribution is ugly indeed, we need to build our nation together regardless!
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    @cyppok, are you a right wing supporter? Why don't you come to South Africa and see for yourself?

I believe that in the USA you also have white people living in trailer parks. Loosely referred to as "trailer trash". That does not make all Americans lazy alcoholic bums, just as not all Afrikaners are racist right wing radicals and not all black people uneducated, barbaric murderers.

South Africa is a modern country at the Southern tip of Africa. As in all countries or communities, there are people with different outlooks in life. There are people prepared to work hard and people who do not want to learn or work. We all live according to our life choices and have to bear the consequences.

The reality is that black and white are doing business together and that our children are going to the same schools. There are still disparities between rich and poor which cause social problems, but you will find people of all races amongst both rich and poor, as in other countries around the globe. The fact that white people are living in a trailer park is a sign of our times and should not be sensationalised.

I am with greasemonkey on this one.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

6. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (16-Sep-12)

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    I would consider all the links you posted mildly extremist, to get a more rounded or overall view rather look at the local news sources such as http://www.news24.com/
    http://www.sowetanlive.co.za/
    On those sites you will find links to other sites as well and you should be able to draw a better conclusion
    As to the whites in squatter camps , there have been various attempts to help some of them but as was pointed out to me and I have seen for myself , there is a general apathy prevalent.The majority don't seem to want to work. (Watch me go down in flames for that statement)
    I wouldn't there are links on the top article from New York Times and Reuters from 2010 so sorry but you are wrong. The problem with using internal sources is that there is pressure exerted on them to be "politically correct" and lie to make things seem better.

Vice is generally very independent and more or less gets to the core of an argument you can see heir Congo, North Korea, Iran, and other documentaries but they usually have a focus segment about one thing.

I am not right or left mostly libertarian but the articles are not written by right wing magazines btw. Very left leaning press. http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/25/behind-45/
    NYT is the most left thing out there... The article I posted is by a left foundation etc...

Voice of America is not a right wing publication either... I do look at other sides of the story though from internal/external sources as long as it seems truthful or believable.

Moving to Georgia is a very desperate step... so I figured far east would be a good option lots of land it gets snow but is good for crops and has lots of rivers especially Primorsky Krai.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post

I believe that in the USA you also have white people living in trailer parks. Loosely referred to as "trailer trash". That does not make all Americans lazy alcoholic bums, just as not all Afrikaners are racist right wing radicals and not all black people uneducated, barbaric murderers.
    Yes we have trailer trash, Russia is probably worse and has even lower standards of living with people living in crappy conditions that consider it OK. HOWEVER when Farmers from your country think that Georgia (which had 2+ wars in the past 1992/2008 and is depopulated due to people leaving to Europe and States for work) is a paragon of stability, excuse me... {mild sarcasm there toward the end}

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyppok View Post
    I wouldn't there are links on the top article from New York Times and Reuters from 2010 so sorry but you are wrong. The problem with using internal sources is that there is pressure exerted on them to be "politically correct" and lie to make things seem better.
    So the US press have less of an agenda than the SA press.....I'm at a loss for words on that one, suffice it to say I don't agree. If you want less biased reporting maybe start checking out the Al Jazeera English news site.

Just out of interest, what does the NYT have to say about the Native American issues or even flood victims hung out to dry in N'Orlins (excuse the pun...or not)? The thing with sensationalism is it's easier to find your victims half way across the planet rather than focus on the areas of 3rd world in your own back garden and ask some searching questions there.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cyppok View Post
    HOWEVER when Farmers from your country think that Georgia (which had 2+ wars in the past 1992/2008 and is depopulated due to people leaving to Europe and States for work) is a paragon of stability, excuse me... {mild sarcasm there toward the end}
    Exactly 5 farmers have taken up the offer in Georgia. So there's no big exodus here. There are also South African farmers on government contracts in other countries. The reason they are sought after is that they are some of the best farmers in the world and can turn things around with very little resources. In many cases it is an opportunity for them to earn additional income while still keeping their farms in South Africa. It is also an opportunity to travel and see and experience other parts of the world.

I apologise if I may have misunderstood your question. Sensation is what feeds the press world wide and one should learn to read between the lines and try to find the truth amongst all the crap.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    South African farmers are highly sought after around the world. They have experience in making what are often considered low yield and difficult farming regions productive. As Blurock points out they often work on contract all over the world and teach skills and techniques to locals. After the migration of many farmers into SA from Zimbabwe there is no shortage of farmers here plus local issues such as the ostrich meat export ban, localised droughts, feed price increases and lower profit margins and even threats of forced land redistribution all make migration more attractive.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Truth is it is increasingly difficult and dangerous for a minority to do anything. So if the world needs us then come and get us because we are not afraid of hard work “never was” and will be an asset to whomever gives us a chance.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast