Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Couple of questions for the board

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If the employment package is structured as a basic (with a minimum hours stipulation) plus profit share, why not?

2. Thanks given for this post:

Pap_sak (25-Aug-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Note that your agreement says 20 hours, the fact that she may work 30 or 40 hours, in no way requires you to remunerate her as far as the number of hours worked. Ensure that it is stipulated in the agreement what over time, or extra hours are as per your requirements, not hers. So at a later stage, when she may create a dispute, you will then bring out the agreement.

You must state in the agreement that it requires a written request by you for her to work more than the stipulated hours, if she is to get remunerated, then ensure you stick to it! else you create a precedence if it is done verbally, then it may become he said she said scenario.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

4. Thanks given for this post:

Pap_sak (25-Aug-12)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for that - did not think that was legal at all. Have decided to close it - and just take the extra rent payment on the chin. Have built up a few regular customers and just have to hope that they will come and visit me. Basically if I can get rid of the stock even at cost I will have no debt - so will be having a huge sale when I "relaunch" the first shop. But eish, finances are tight!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12