Thread: RUTHLESS Lawer ?

Suspended
    Thanks

RUTHLESS Lawer ?

I am looking for a ruthless lawyer preferably in the East Rand, but Jhb will do. A lawyer that will not pussy foot around with letter after letter. A lawyer that will go straight for the goons. Sum involved - around R500 000 - If anyone can help me please let me know - this is quite urgent - we would like to get going on it straight away.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Kevin, send me a PM and I will give you the contact details.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Suspended
    Thanks
    Thank you Blurock - pm sent

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    You also get another type of ruthless lawyer. The one that will litigate no matter what, to get a fee.

I recently had a situation where a client (the supplier) received threatening letters from a customer. This while the customer's account was in arrears and there was doubt about their repayment ability. The supplier replied by calling for a meeting and possible mediation by an independent party. On several prior occasions, the supplier called for meetings with the customer to plan production. This was ignored and even flatly refused by the customer.

The customer then applied for an urgent interdict to force the supplier to manufacture about 3 month's production, to be delivered in one week. The Court could not grant the interdict, as it was impossible to manufacture the quantities required in the time frame allowed. The Court will never give an order that can not be executed, as one would then be in contempt of court. The application was dismissed, but both parties still ended up with costs of about R30k each.

Fortunately the debtor was ordered by the Court to deposit the full outstanding amount in a trust account so that my client was assured of payment. Needless to say, they will no longer deal with the customer unless its cash up front.

So what did this lawyer try to achieve? You abuse your supplier, then drag him to court and still hope to do business in future? You must have been smoking your toe nails!!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    A lawyer must act according to the law and cannot act above it. Thanks to some good friends both here on the Forum and where I live, I gain the knowledge to protect myself against lawyers that acted inappropriately.

I found that one must ask the right questions to figure out what can be done legally because “forcing action” is not always the best way to deal with a situation. As Blurock pointed out you can end up spending a lot of money and get nothing for it.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.