Thread: Data Integrity Pastel Partner 11

Thanks

Data Integrity Pastel Partner 11

Hi There

I have a customer that does data integrity every morning before they start work and I was wondering if there was a way of automating the data integrity
    so it happens during the middle of the night and not waste 20-45 Minutes of a staff members time every morning.

Their setup is as follows:

Pastel Partner 11 Sitting on Server 2008 R1 (x64) - 10 Workstations 7 x XP Pro and 3 x Win 7 x64. Pervasive version 10 Client / Server. Partner Ver 10.023

I was hoping there was a command line option or Pervasive utility one could run to do a data integrity and send .txt report to a file. I know this can be done
    on evolution (Because it's SQL based?) as one of my other customers runs Evolution and I use a command line backup utlity during the night. I could set up a
    macro recorder on the server for Partner but it's not an elegant way to do it and a bit risky.

Does anyone know what database format Pastel partner data is in and if there are any utilities available like this? Any suggestions wlecome

Thanks in anticipation
    Mtech

Thanks
    Hi Mtech,

I don't know of any way that one can write a script to automate the running of the Data Integrity report in Pastel Partner. I am not saying that it can't be done, however.

Partner runs on the Pervasive SQL database platform (essentially a modern version of Btrieve).

If you find out if there is a way of doing this, I would be very keen to know about it!
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Email problem
    Thanks
    Correct me If i am wrong but the data integrity is a stored procedure, basically what it does is make sure everything balances with debits and credits etc, so I suppose if you had a developer you could create a small app with an ODBC link in to your data to do this.

Thanks
    I would have to find someone with the neccesary skill sets. I was hoping one could just run a command line option like C:\Pastel11\DataIntegrityV11.exe /BR2013 /PW:23456789 passing the set of accounts BR2013 and using the password 23456789 to the exe via a commandline.

There is an .exe called DataIntegrityV11.exe but it doesn't accept any command line options which is a pity.

I personally think they should be running Pastel Evolution myself which seems far more efficient than Partner but they are comfortable with Partner and don't want the added expense of Evolution.

I now just run the data integrity for them every night via Remote desktop but if there is someone out there that is capable of doing this and wants to earn a few $, let's discuss it.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Unfortunately i don't think that's possible as you need to open the program itself and then choose your data location to connect to.

Personally evolution is the better option, bigger, more robust, more flexible pretty much every concept of partner is used in evolution + more, if you know how to use partner you can use evolution and visa verse just takes a little patience.

Regarding the data integrity I'll have a look to see if anything can be done or created for this.

Regards

Aaron Atkinson.