Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your Business Image?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

What is your Business Image?

I called some service providers to sort out a small problem today. The difference in response made me wonder how much attention we pay to our business image.

Who answers your phone? Is it done professionally?
    If a home business, do you still pay attention to detail or do you have a more relaxed (Lackadaisical) approach?
    Do you follow up on promises and do you call back as promised?

Needless to say, the more professional and friendlier of the businesses phoned, got the business...
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

2. Thanks given for this post:

Nickolai Naydenov (19-Jul-12)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The biggest thing for me is knowledge. I want to speak to people that know their stuff.

Silver Member league_of_ordinary_men's Avatar
    Thanks
    I would say no matter how big or small your company professionalism is important and I think you should always use the best person for the job and KEEP your promises,even if it's saying you will call back because it reflects your business image.

5. Thanks given for this post:

Nickolai Naydenov (19-Jul-12)

Silver Member
    Thanks

service at banks

Am planning to move my account after 35 years. So I approach Absa. Guess what. Same crap service & so i throw up a tantrum and get through to some higher up authority.. I used to be one of those that accepted all sorts of services bad & good and made excuses for those that rendered bad service. No more.

Getting back to Absa, i got the the usual flurry of phone calls & apologies.

I'm now wondering whether i should rather to stay with the devil i know?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I closed my account at Absa after 27 years of deteriorating service.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    I called some service providers to sort out a small problem today. The difference in response made me wonder how much attention we pay to our business image.

Who answers your phone? Is it done professionally?
    If a home business, do you still pay attention to detail or do you have a more relaxed (Lackadaisical) approach?
    Do you follow up on promises and do you call back as promised?

Needless to say, the more professional and friendlier of the businesses phoned, got the business...
    Great point, we should all be aware of that
    ---There is no traffic at the extra mile---

Suspended
    Thanks
    last week i overheard one of my customers talking to one of his customers...he hadnt switch off the phone after talking to me...so i could hear his conversation with his customer...it was all good...so at least i know what my customers think of my bussiness without get them to fill in a customer satisfaction form... and yes i did get all the work from his customer and some...by the way when it comes to pretty dress code and answering the phone...i get a 3 out of 10...but when it comes to my work...10 out of 10 as indicated by my customer to his customer...thats what is important to me.

it doesnt help to have a great image and offer a really kak service...i give you an example...

hilti sa...

they all have the same colour coded vehicles with bold writting...good image...

their service centre "looks" great...just missing most of the items they sell...or should i say when you order something you have to wait and pay for delivery (what a joke)...you cant just walk in and buy anything...they offer an online service which...they tell you you dont pay for delivery...in you order on line...i would like them to prove they dont charge you...it could explain the price increase across the board...they should offer a better discount when stuff is purchased from the service centre...much like a cash discount.

the reps dress in colour coded uniforms...but i think waiting 2 years for a sample justifies a complaint from my side...and not once...i do realise i am a small company so my bussiness is not as important to the reps as the larger companies especially in good economic times...but you know what...when they havent reached their target at the end of the month they know who to call....i take it the new rep must be reaching target because getting this person to demo products is none exsistant...i just need to figue out a way to increase my discount structure so that the rep doesnt benefit from my purchases...because even though i dont use the rep and go straight to the service centre to order and collect my machines and spares the rep still get the commission...or if i buy online the rep gets the commision...i need to find a way to prevent this from happening.

my point...looking pretty and answering the phone in a proffessional manner doesnt get my sale...i would rather deal with a small backyard company which offers a great sales service and backup service than a bunch modellers driving around in pretty vehicles which i have to pay for...somebody always has to pay for everything...nothing is for free....when your insurance broker arrives in a 911 porsche turbo...your insurnace premiums are covering the cost of that vehicle...i could never understand why i had life cover on every single policy until i put in my claim for disability...then i realised how he could afford to live in a modern estate and have all the toys and fancy vehicles...all us suckers who were getting nailed with life cover on "all" our policies where paying for it...

Suspended
    Thanks
    standard bank is another example...they rip a hole so big in your backside that you have to wear a nappy...when it comes to fees and services...i stick with them because i dont have a problem with their services... when i contact the bussiness bank manager...she always sorts out my issues as best she can...their website works for me...if i could find a bank which offers the same service without all the hidden charges and a website which is also user friendly i would consider moving...unfortunatly i havent yet.

my wife moved to fnb...but experinced some of the hidden charges...issues with pin numbers...and some others...so she has moved back to standard bank.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I agree with you Murdock. If I walk into a workshop, I will get very concerned if the guy meets me with a suit on, rather than an oily overall. That is part of your image. Don't try to be what you are not.

What I am getting at is that I phoned for an electrician and the lady (was it the guy's wife or just someone working there?) was downright rude in the way that she answered the phone. No etiquette and not interested in getting the business.

The next business I called was also answered by the wife, but this time in a friendly and professional manner. She explained that she could not take my call as she was driving and called me back within 10 minutes. She made sure that she got the address right and also a brief description of the problem so that hubby could come with the right tools for the job. Now lets see how the job gets done.

PS. I also used to do the suit and cufflink thing 20 years ago. I am now much more comfortable in my denims, but do dress up for the occasion when really, really necessary. I do not own a tie to appear in court with, so I suppose I'll just have to keep my nose clean.

Suspended
    Thanks
    all my customers only have one number...thats my cellphone number.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast